- Preventing Drug Abuse Among Adolescent Girls: Outcome Data from an Internet-Based Intervention. Schwinn, Traci M.; Schinke, Steven P.; di Noia, Jennifer // Prevention Science;Mar2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
This study developed and tested an Internet-based gender-specific drug abuse prevention program for adolescent girls. A sample of seventh, eighth, and ninth grade girls ( N = 236) from 42 states and 4 Canadian provinces were randomly assigned to an intervention or control group. All girls...
- Web tool helps patients determine when they need to see a doctor. // Medicine on the Net;Nov2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the launch of Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation System (CURES), a Web-Based tool that tracks the use of prohibited drugs. It states that CURES will enable doctors, midwives, and pharmacists to determine whether filling or writing another prescription...
- The Literary Face of Facebook. // Scholastic Scope;2/22/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the viability of the Facebook online network for authors including William Shakespear, Geoffrey Chaucer, and Jane Austen.
- Getting started. // BEEF;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p68
The article presents the author's insights concerning the importance of online experience in starting a blog.
- Survey: CFOs see concerns, benefits of employee social-media use during work hours. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);11/12/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
The article focuses on the survey conducted by California-based Robert Half International concerning the effects of social media use during work time.
- Reviewing the Law Reviews. // Defense Counsel Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p276
The article reviews the article "The Ethics of Lawyer Social Networking," by Steven Bennett.
- How to Use Facebook for Evil. Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/19/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p22
In this article, the author discusses the use of online social network Facebook for invading people's privacy.
- Facebook is your friend, just ask people on twitter. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/14/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 53, p8
The article discusses the benefits that online social networks like Tweeter and Facebook can provide to a company's sales.
- Deployed Maritime Civil Affairs Team uses Facebook to Further Mission. Gill, Matt // All Hands;Dec2009, Issue 1113, p34
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Navy's Maritime Civil Affairs Team (MCAT) 104 to use Facebook as means of sharing their experiences while deployed in Africa.