Indigenous health curriculum
- Creating Able Human Beings: Social Studies Curriculum in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, 1969 to the Present. McGregor, Catherine A. // Historical Studies in Education;Spring2015, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p57
Upon transfer of responsibility for schooling in Canada's North from the federal government to the Northwest Territories in 1969-70, the territorial Department of Education immediately mandated curriculum whose central focus was on Dene and Inuit students' cultural and linguistic identities, in...
- Past Imperfect. Morrison, Deborah // Canada's History;Apr/May2013, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p65
In this article, the author discusses the importance of gaining historical knowledge about the First Nations people of Canada as a necessary step in initiating dialogue between Canadians and First Nations people and correcting the poor social conditions the latter face. She argues for the...
- The Crown Duty to Consult and Ontario Municipal-First Nations Relations: Lessons Learned from the Red Hill Valley Parkway Project. Fraser, Clara MacCallum; Viswanathan, Leela // Canadian Journal of Urban Research;2013 Supplement, Vol. 22 Issue Supp, p1
This paper examines ways in which the Crown Duty to Consult is implemented in Ontario planning processes. The authors present the Red Hill Valley Parkway project in Hamilton, Ontario and draw from seventeen semi-structured interviews to examine the role of municipal planning in relation to the...
- Professional Development from Montana State University. // NSTA Express;4/27/2009, p6
A description of the course "Comparative Planetology: Establishing a Virtual Presence in the Solar System" being offered at Montana State University's National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) is presented.
- MSU Online Courses Cover Astronomy, Earth Science, Physics, and More. // NSTA Express;8/3/2009, p7
A description of an online course "The Fascinating Bug: Learning About Insects through Observation," being offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network is provided.
- Back to School: Improve Your Knowledge of Physical Science. // NSTA Express;8/31/2009, p3
A description of the course on "Light," offered through National Science Teacher's Association's (NSTA) live web sessions, is offered.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst's Science Education Online (SEO) Leads to M. Ed. or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study. // NSTA Express;7/12/2010, p4
A description of the course "Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study" being offered as online course by School of Education and College of Natural Sciences, is provided.
- New Online Graduate Course from AMNH: Climate Change. // NSTA Express;2/7/2011, p3
A description of the course "Astronomy for Beginners" being offered at the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in the U.S. is presented.
- ProQuest Adds Internet-Delivered CasePacks To Product Offerings. // Educational Marketer;05/01/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on ProQuest CasePacks, a customizable, Internet-delivered electronic product for business courses of all levels introduced by ProQuest, formerly Bell & Howell Information & Learning.