- CVM Updates: April to August 2010. // FDA Veterinarian;8/16/2010, Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on several notices related to the U.S. Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM). It says that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning American and foreign customers who purchased frozen mice from Biggers and Callaham LLC, which may be contaminated by...
- Deadly Salmonella Outbreak: What Went Wrong? Alexander, Lauren // American Vegetable Grower;Mar2014, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the salmonella outbreak at the Chamberlain Farms in Owensville, Indiana. It mentions that the incident which occurred in August 2012 led to the illness of 260 individuals and death of three throughout 24 states of the U.S. It also notes the findings of Food and Drug...
- Health Advisory on Sprouts. // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p4
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently updated its 1999 health advisory on the risks of eating raw sprouts. The bacteria Salmonella and E. coli O157:H7 have been linked to mung bean and alfalfa sprouts, and resulting foodborne illness has affected people of all ages. Healthy people...
- Prescription ads next on FDA list. Colford, S.W. // Advertising Age;8/26/91, Vol. 62 Issue 35, p32
Examines Food & Drug Administration (FDA) plans to tighten regulations on drug advertising and various promotional practices. Principal concerns of Commissioner David Kessler; Present regulations of consumer ads for prescription drugs.
- Over-the-counter drugs. Sommi Jr., R.W. // Current Health 2;May92, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p21
Discusses the differences between prescription and nonprescription drugs (also called over-the-counter, or OTC, drugs). Role of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA); OTC drugs for self-limiting illnesses such as the common cold; The FDA's concern about side effects, clear instructions and...
- The FDA safeguarding. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Current Health 2;Jan1996, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
Presents the work and duties of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States. Origin of the agency; Rules followed on food standard inspection; Presence of food chemicals; Safety programs of FDA; Actions of the agency in the presence of problems; Nutrition labeling and Education...
- Product testing. // Current Health 1;May92, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the medicine and product testing conducted by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Pharmaceutical tests; How the FDA studies test results; FDA approval; Drug testing in other countries; Tests on food, cosmetics, pesticides; The FDA's concern about food labels; Testing donated blood.
- Dateline Washington. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1993, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p6
Reports that in January a US District Court judge ruled that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is not responsible for $210 million worth of losses incurred by Chilean fruit growers when in 1989, the FDA temporarily banned sales of grapes to the United States. Details of the ruling.
- The Food and Drug... Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the genetically-engineered food products that passed voluntary Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection. Products; Producers.