Free milk program won't face cutbacks
- School milk campaign meets Brussels chief. // Dairy Industries International;Dec96, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the discussions between the School Milk Campaign and the head of the European Commission's School Milk Subsidy Scheme pertaining to the proposed national milk scheme in Great Britain. Promotion of school milk; Provision of refrigerated milk vending machines for schools.
- WHAT FARMERS CAN DO TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCT. Relf, Tim; Gates, Tessa // Farmers Weekly;5/24/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 21, following p93
Offers advice for farmers on promoting school milk in Great Britain. Importance for farmers to have knowledge about the nutritional value of milk; Expansion of the free and subsidized milk scheme; Information on the campaign effort of East Sussex farmer Roger Fox well.
- FW READERS BOOST MILK IN SCHOOLS. Gates, Tessa // Farmers Weekly;2/14/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 7, following p94
Highlights the School Milk Matters campaign in England. Rate of school milk consumption; Winners of prizes.
- U.S. to Pay for Milk Powder Donation in the Philippines. // Dairy Foods;Jun2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the United States government's provision of powdered milk to the Philippines to be used to feed hungry children. Number of underfed public school children in depressed areas of the country who will have access to free milk as a result of the grant; Statement made by Philippine...
- Government finds cash for school milk subsidy. // Dairy Industries International;Dec2000, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p8
Reports that the British government has agreed to provide the additional funding needed to offset the reduction in European Union support for school milk. Terms under the new scheme, which will start in January 2000; Reaction from the Dairy Industry Federation.
- Bid rigging among school suppliers becoming `pervasive,' experts fear. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;9/22/93, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the results of a federal antitrust investigation resulting to bid-rigging charges against dairies supplying milk for school meals. Schools' vulnerability to bid-rigging schemes; Moves initiated by federal officials to counterattack abuses; Workshops conducted by the Justice and...
- Classroom NUTRITION. // Dairy Industries International;Jan1999, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p25
Presents a summary of the results of a survey on school milk practices presented during the 1998 International School Milk Conference. Significance of school milk in Thailand; Countries in which school milk consumption represented a relatively high proportion of the liquid market; Nutritional...
- Milk supply in Sabah schools temporarily halted. Bernama // Malay Mail;5/31/2012, p4
The article reports on the temporary stop order issued by the Malaysian Ministry on the distribution of milk in schools in Sabah, Malaysia due to the food poisoning incidents involving schoolchildren in the state.
- Outcome of the government nursery milk review is still awaited. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/8/2013, Vol. 112 Issue 4316, p6
The article reports that the British Government has launched a review of its Nursery Milk Scheme in an attempt to cut the rising costs of the initiative which the Department of Health estimates can escalate to 76 million British pounds by 2016.