Outgoing CMA president urges united front
- Canadian Healthcare System on the Verge of Imploding. // New American (08856540);9/14/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the call of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) for an overhaul of the healthcare system in Canada. According to Dr. Anne Doig of CMA, patients received less than optimal care and physicians believe that there is a need to implement changes in the health care system....
- Around the CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p149
The article announces that former Canadian Medical Association (CMA) President Anne Doig has been named as one of Canada's 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Health ministries considering CMA's access-to-care proposal. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/19/98, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p1261
Reports that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) has responded to the uproar about access to health care with a long-term solution. What the solution proposes; By whom it will be led; Why it is extremely difficult to obtain information on health care waiting times; The need for observational...
- Never too late to talk transformation. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 2, pE97
The article reports on the efforts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to have a national dialogue regarding the health care transformation in Canada through an interactive website, located at www.HealthCareTransformation.ca, and town hall meetings throughout the country.
- FOLLOW 'CANADIAN WAY' TO REFORM HEALTH CARE: HEAL. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/3/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p148
The article reports on the decision of the Canadian Medical Association to join a coalition of 39 national health care groups in urging for a return to their conventional way of addressing national health issues via compassion, consensus, and collaboration.
- Around the CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/17/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p980
The article offers information on topics related to Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in 2011 such as the death of Eve Elman, director of government relations of CMA and the popularity of the efforts of CMA to meet members and discuss the need for health care system transformation.
- Panel's recommendations could open privatization floodgates, delegates warn. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE991
The article reports that delegates criticizes Canadian Medical Association (CMA)'s blue-ribbon advisory panel's recommendations for healthcare transformation due to its broad language. They say that the recommendations can be misinterpreted as flooding private, for-profit monetized health care...
- New CMA president urges catalytic action. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/15/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 6/7, pE117
The article presents the perspective of Dr. Anne Doig, president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) on the factors needed by the health care services in Canada. These factors include efficiencies, effectiveness and effecting change. She says that efficiency is a direct reflection of...
- The CMA songstress of Saskatchewan. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/1/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 5, pE86
The article provides information on Dr. Anne Doig, the new president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in Canada. Doig said that as the new CMA president, her first priority will be to canvas the country's practicing doctors. The doctor stressed that most of the physicians in the country...