UK wait times rise due to cap on junior surgeons' hours
- Four myths about using med students. Roy, Patricia J. // Medical Economics;9/25/95, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p165
Discusses four fallacies on practice rotations for medical students. Resentment of patients toward the students; Students tendency to say the wrong things; Doctors lack of time for teaching; Negative reaction of the staff.
- Funding to follow students into the community. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/10/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6993, p1489
Focuses on the importance of funding support to provide community training experiences for medical students in Great Britain according to the report `SIFT Into the Future'. Recommendations for dividing future funds between clinical placements and support teaching; Proposal for a training review;...
- Med students favor general practice residencies. // AHA News;3/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the increasing number of medical school seniors preferring general practice residency positions according to a survey by the National Resident Matching Program.
- Training for the FRONT LINE. Blowers, Rebekah // All Hands;Dec2007, Issue 1088, p18
The article focuses on the training of fourth-year medical students at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences during Operation Bushmaster at the Fort Indiatown Gap in Pennsylvania.
- A scribe's story. DECKER, DOMINIC // Minnesota Medicine;Aug2014, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p29
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a scribe at two Twin Cities emergency departments in Minnesota, learning about the diversity of medicine delivered in the emergency department, and gaining valuable experience before entry into medical school.
- Neurosurgical training under European law. Schaller, Karl // Acta Neurochirurgica;Mar2013, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p547
The author reflects on the importance of neurosurgical training of medical students under European law of medicine to ensure patient safety.
- A deer in the headlights. Neumann, Etela // British Columbia Medical Journal;May2015, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p143
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Dr. Carver's President's Comment in March 2015, calling for medical doctors to participate in teaching medical students.
- Clarifying Naturopathic Medical Training. Coward, Steven // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
Emphasizes on the scope, rigor and purposes of the naturopathic medical training. Number of years offered for basic science courses and diagnostic science courses; Completion of clinical training hours by students; Provision of knowledge necessary to live a healthier life.
- The Clinic Experience: Becoming and Acupuncturist. Duggan, Susan; Cheung, David; Fandey, Charlotte // Meridians;Autumn2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
Relates the experience of acupuncture students and graduates during their clinical training. Use of needles in treatment; Insights learned from the experience; Awareness of the relationship between healing and love. INSET: The student clinic. . . What goes on inside-and outside-the. . ..