Health-related quality of life, and its determinants, among older people in rural Vietnam
- The Nursing Home of the Future: Are You Ready? Calkins, Margaret P. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jun2002, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p42
Talks about the quality of life debate among nursing homes in the U.S. Concept of respect in nursing homes; Importance of honoring the life patterns and accomplishments of every person in the setting; Philosophy of supporting opportunities for continued growth.
- Creative uses of SNF fines. Bakshis, Brett // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p12
The article offers information on the report made by the Long Term-Care Community Coalition on how civil monetary funds gathered from various communities can be used to improve care and the quality of life of residents that belong in nursing homes.
- Africa's quest for quality of life. // UNESCO Courier;Nov94, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p40
Reports that the Amadou Hampate Ba Center for Development and the Quality of Life recently opened in Bamako. How and why this center received its name; Goals that this organization hopes to realize among the peoples of Africa.
- Is Something Missing From Your Life? Arnold, Linda // State Journal (WV);4/11/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p30
The article focuses on the author's views about living life fully.
- You never know... Schmidt, Bianca // Tokyo Journal;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 274, p104
In the article, the author discusses tips in personal living, particularly the need to focus on the people who come into one's life because they could bring a blessing or be helped with one's company.
- Human Development Index. // Pakistan Country Review;2009, p144
A chart is presented depicting the human development index of various countries in 2009, including Iceland, Philippines and Algeria.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;4/16/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p48
An excerpt from an article on changes in man's living conditions and quality of life published in an issue of the "Darien Review" newspaper in 1960 is presented.
- Proxy Sources for Information on Nursing Home Residents' Quality of Life. Kane, Robert L.; Kane, Rosalie A.; Bershadsky, Boris; Degenholtz, Howard; Kling, Kristin; Totten, Annette; Kyoungrae Jung // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;Nov2005, Vol. 60B Issue 6, pS318
Objectives. This study explores how well staff and family proxies' reports on selected quality-of-life (QOL) domains (comfort, dignity, functional competence, privacy, meaningful activity, food enjoyment, relationships, security, and autonomy) correspond to residents' own reports. Methods. We...
- Putting the 'Home' Back in Nursing Home. Morley, John E.; Flaherty, Joseph H. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Jul2002, Vol. 56A Issue 7, pM419
Editorial. Introduces several articles on the quality of life of elderly persons living in nursing homes.