Observed hand cleanliness and other measures of handwashing behavior in rural Bangladesh
- Germ warfare. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p30
Introduces Jao Antibacterial Hand Refresher, a germ-killing sanitizer which can be used without water. Active ingredient in the sanitizer; Bacteria killed by the sanitizer during company sponsored laboratory studies.
- Sustainable hygiene. De Jong, Dick // Waterlines;Jan2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
Introduces a series of articles on changes in hygiene behavior, including the use of research tools that measure normal handwashing behavior.
- Stopping Typhoid Mary. Lupo, Lisa // Greenhouse Management;Aug2015 Supplement Produce Grower, p16
The article emphasizes the importance of basic things like hand washing to ensuring a safe facility.ioned.
- Germ warfare. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;11/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 22, p123
Presents tips in maintaining sanitary conditions in restaurants. Causes of foodborne poisoning; Recontamination of washed hands when holding a door handle; Need to minimize hand to door handle contact; Ensuring proper hand washing among employees.
- how clean is that can? Mayo, Kierna // Cosmo Girl;Mar2004, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p102
Presents tips on protecting oneself from germs found in public bathrooms. Benefit of hand washing; Way of getting the bacteria from the public bathrooms; Drawback of using hot-air dryers to dry hands.
- GUEST COMMENTARY. Craft Cocktail Considerations: Fundamental Food Sanitation for Modern "Mixology". Kazanchyan, Gevork // Journal of Environmental Health;Nov2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on a resurgence of interest in alcoholic beverages known as craft cocktails which is being seen in 2012 across the globe and discusses the public health considerations of several products, including fresh produce, hand shaped ice and raw eggs, which are used in craft...
- Watch: Cleanliness Showdown-Hand Sanitizers v. Soap and Water. Davis, Robert J. // Time.com;11/14/2013, p1
The article describes a video comparing the effectiveness of hand sanitizers and hand washing with soap and water for the prevention of influenza.
- Germ-Ridden Desks Can Lead To An Absentee Workforce. // Nonwovens Industry;Dec2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p18
Less than half of Americans clean up before eating lunch at their desks, a stark reminder that common sense hygiene habits are often lacking in the workplace, according to The Soap and Detergent Association (SDA) in 2004. The latest National Cleaning Survey from SDA reports that 46% of...
- Neighbour-shared versus communal latrines in urban slums: a crosssectional study in Orissa, India exploring household demographics, accessibility, privacy, use and cleanliness. Heijnen, Marieke; Routray, Parimita; Torondel, Belen; Clasen, Thomas // Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene;Nov2015, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p690
Introduction: A growing proportion of the global population rely on shared sanitation facilities, despite their association with adverse health outcomes. We sought to explore differences between neighbour-shared and communal latrines in terms household demographics, accessibility, facilities and...