Sexual behaviour of men that consulted in medical outpatient clinics in Western Switzerland from 2005-2006: risk levels unknown to doctors?
- The Sex Quiz You Must Take. Azodi, Mina // Cosmopolitan;Mar2011, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p108
A quiz concerning male-female sexual behaviors is presented.
- NEW YORK: NYC Health Dept: Talk with your doc about sex. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/31/2008, Issue 1075, p23
The article reports on the proposal of the New York City Health Department (NYCHD) to have doctors and patients handle awkward topic of sexual practices in New York.
- "What I'm good at (and bad at) in bed". Taylor, Emma; Sharkey, Lorelei // Glamour;Jul2005, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p116
Features statements of people on their strengths and weaknesses when they are in bed with someone. Appreciation of a woman's body; Enjoyment of oral sex; Necessity of eye contact when making love.
- why do they judge my choice? // Campus Life;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p57
Explains the reason why people judge an individual about his bad fate relating to sex. Reason for the public's disapproval towards premarital sex; Need for each person to decide individually whether to make love or not; Views towards Christian thinking on sex.
- Sinning against nature: the theory of background conditions. Blackford, R. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Nov2006, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p629
Debates about the moral and political acceptability of particular sexual practices and new technologies often include appeals to a supposed imperative to follow nature. If nature is understood as the totality of all phenomena or as those things that are not artificial, there is little prospect...
- Covert Sexual Signaling: Human Flirtation and Implications for Other Social Species. Gersick, Andrew; Kurzban, Robert // Evolutionary Psychology;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p549
According to signaling theory and a large body of supporting evidence, males across many taxa produce courtship signals that honestly advertise their quality. The cost of producing or performing these signals maintains signal honesty, such that females are typically able to choose the best males...
- Parental Mate Choice Manipulation Tactics: Exploring Prevalence, Sex and Personality Effects. Apostolou, Menelaos; Papageorgi, Ioulia // Evolutionary Psychology;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p588
Parents and children are genetically related but not genetically identical, which means that their genetic interests overlap but also diverge. In the area of mating, this translates into children making mate choices that are not in the best interest of their parents. Parents may then resort to...
- Factors associated with early sexual debut in Slovenia: results of a general population survey. Klavs, I.; Rodrigues, I. C.; Weiss, H. A.; Hayes, R. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Dec2006, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p478
Objectives: To investigate time trends in age at first heterosexual intercourse (FHI) and associated factors. Methods: Data were collected from a national probability sample of the general population aged 18- 49 years. Results: Median age at FHI was 17 years for men and 18 years for women, but...
- Youth sexual behaviour in a boomtown: implications for the control of sexually transmitted infections. Goldenberg, S.; Shoveller, J.; Ostry, A.; Koehoorn, M. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Jun2008, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p220
Background: Northeastern British Columbia, Canada, is undergoing rapid in-migration of young, primarily male, workers in response to the boom" in the oil/gas industries. Chlamydia rates in the region exceed the provincial average by 32% (294.6 cases per 100 000 persons compared with 213.3)....