The effects of air pollution on vitamin D status in healthy women: A cross sectional study
- Vitamin D supplements in adults. // WHO Drug Information;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the incidence of vitamin D deficiency in adults. Need for dietary vitamin D supplementation; Conditions associated with hypovitaminosis D; Role of increased calcium intake by older people in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- ask the RD. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p60
The article provides an answer to a question on how to determine vitamin D deficiency.
- Response to the editorial on "Defining vitamin D deficiency, using surrogate markers". Chakraborty, Subhosmito; Mallath, Mohandas K. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p246
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Defining Vitamin D Deficiency, Using Surrogate Markers" by M. K. Garg published in the journal in 2013.
- Redefining vitamin D deficiency: Reply to comments. Garg, M. K.; Mahalle, N.; Kalra, Sanjay // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p247
A response from the authors of the article "Defining Vitamin D Deficiency, Using Surrogate Markers" published in the journal in 2013 is presented.
- Is Technology Spreading Sickness? Kandaswamy, Deepa // Dataquest;6/1/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p72
The author discusses the issue on health in India. She notes that despite the wealth brought by technology, the health issue in the country has not improved. She cites that according to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, 60 percent of the population is suffering from Vitamin D...
- Vitamin D Deficiency--A Clinical Spectrum: Is There a Symptomatic Nonosteomalacic State? Kanekar, Amar; Sharma, Manoj; Joshi, V. R. // International Journal of Endocrinology;2010, p1
Vitamin D deficiency is not uncommon even in the sunny land of India. Lack of sun exposure and inadequate oral intake are both responsible for vitamin D deficiency. This article provides a retrospective, examining the effects of Vitamin D deficiency in 71 patients. The study's inclusion...
- Recent Developments in Vitamin D Research. Arnaud, Sara B.; Stickler, Gunnar B. // Clinical Pediatrics;May1974, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p444
The article discusses developments in vitamin D research. Evidence that this activated sterol has an important role not only as a vitamin or nutritional supplement but also as a hormone that interacts with other calcium-regulative hormones, such as parathyroid hormone, to maintain mineral...
- International perspectives on vitamin D and implications for bone health. Rahman, S. A.; Reid, I. R.; Chee, W. S. S.; Yassin, Z.; Chan, S. P. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2004, Vol. 13, pS45
Background - Vitamin D is a fat-soluble compound, synthesised in the skin as a result of sunlight exposure. It is found in fish oils, but an unsupplemented diet provides little vitamin D. There is evidence of significant reductions in nonvertebral fractures from replacement regimens particularly...
- Vitamin D and Child Health in the 21st Century. RATHI, NARENDRA; RATHI, AKANKSHA // Indian Pediatrics;Aug2011, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p619
Context: Vitamin D has emerged as a topic of great interest among researchers. Recent evidence indicates that today the world is facing vitamin D deficiency pandemic. Sensitizing pediatricians to widespread vitamin D deficiency in children and benefits accrued from it's correction would go a...