The influence of demographic characteristics, living conditions, and trauma exposure on the overall health of a conflict-affected population in Southern Sudan
- A new questionnaire for measuring quality of life - the Stark QoL. Hardt, Jochen // Health & Quality of Life Outcomes;10/26/2015, Vol. 12, p1
Objective:The Stark questionnaire measures health-related quality of life (QoL) using pictures almost exclusively. It is supplemented by a minimum of words. It comprises a mental and a physical health component. Methods:A German sample of nâ€‰=â€‰500...
- How to improve the mental health care of children and adolescents in Brazil: Actions needed in the public sector. Paula, Cristiane S.; Lauridsen-Ribeiro, Edith; Wissow, Lawrence; Bordin, Isabel A. S.; Evans-Lacko, Sara // Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria;oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p334
Introduction: Child/adolescent mental health (CAMH) problems are associated with high burden and high costs across the patient's lifetime. Addressing mental health needs early on can be cost effective and improve the future quality of life. Objective/Methods: Analyzing most relevant papers...
- The Development of a Conceptual Model for Understanding Elder Self-neglect. Iris, Madelyn; Ridings, John W.; Conrad, Kendon J. // Gerontologist;Jun2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p303
Purpose: Elder self-neglect (ESN) represents half or more of all cases reported to adult protective services. ESN directly affects older adults and also their families, neighbors, and the larger communities around them. ESN has public health implications and is associated with higher than...
- Communicable Gifts. Jansen, Kristina // Communities;Spring2011, Issue 150, p22
The article focuses on how community ideas affect a person's mental health. It states that the ideas being communicated in the community create agreed-upon standards which direct the living condition of the people. The author also mentions that unhealthy eating practice is a form of...
- Non-fatal burden of disease due to mental disorders in the Netherlands. Lokkerbol, Joran; Adema, Dirk; Graaf, Ron; Have, Margreet; Cuijpers, Pim; Beekman, Aartjan; Smit, Filip // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p1591
Purpose: To estimate the disease burden due to 15 mental disorders at both individual and population level. Methods: Using a population-based survey (N emesis, N = 7,056) the number of years lived with disability per one million population were assessed. This was done with and without adjustment...
- Africa's quest for quality of life. // UNESCO Courier;Nov94, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p40
Reports that the Amadou Hampate Ba Center for Development and the Quality of Life recently opened in Bamako. How and why this center received its name; Goals that this organization hopes to realize among the peoples of Africa.
- Is Something Missing From Your Life? Arnold, Linda // State Journal (WV);4/11/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p30
The article focuses on the author's views about living life fully.
- You never know... Schmidt, Bianca // Tokyo Journal;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 274, p104
In the article, the author discusses tips in personal living, particularly the need to focus on the people who come into one's life because they could bring a blessing or be helped with one's company.
- Human Development Index. // Pakistan Country Review;2009, p144
A chart is presented depicting the human development index of various countries in 2009, including Iceland, Philippines and Algeria.