Stigmatizing attitudes and low levels of knowledge but high willingness to participate in HIV management: A community-based survey of pharmacies in Pune, India
- International AIDS Notes. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Apr2007, p76
The article presents an international news brief relating to AIDS. The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on March 28, 2007 that research results justified calling on heterosexual men to be circumcised as a method of decreasing their risk of contracting HIV infection. Circumcision seems...
- Operation is ready to meet many needs. // Chain Drug Review;10/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p69
The article reports that Steve Mclean's drugstore, Medicine Shoppe in Laurinburg, North Carolina is suitable for various services including diabetes classes, immunization and drug compounding.
- Foreword: The role of nutrition and food insecurity in HIV and tuberculosis infections and the implications for interventions in resource-limited settings. Bloem, Martin W.; Saadeh, Randa // Food & Nutrition Bulletin;Dec2010 Supplement, Vol. 31 Issue 4, pS289
The article offers information on the role of nutrition and food insecurity in HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis infections in 2008 based on the findings reported by World Health Organization. It discusses the ability of health systems and the innovation in countering the epidemic through treatment...
- Formulation and Evaluation of Fixed Dose Combination Suppositories Containing Stavudine, Lamivudine and Nevirapine for Pediatric Applications. Padmavathi, Y.; Reddy, B. M.; Renuka, M.; Sumedha, K.; Reddy, N. P. // Journal of Scientific Research;2015, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p87
Suppositories are the convenient way of administering drugs in infants. In view of the lack of suitable pediatric antiretroviral formulations in the market, suppositories containing fixed dose combination (FDC) of stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine (SLN) were developed to allow administration...
- Pharmacy owner embraces specialized services. Del Gaudio, Ron // Chain Drug Review;10/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p60
The article reports that the U.S. based drugstore, Kings HealthMart Pharmacy will provide various specialized services including medications for infertility treatment, transplant patients' assistance and drug compounding.
- Compounding a differentiator. // Chain Drug Review;10/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p69
The article offers information on the drug compounding service provided by Steve Mclean's drugstore, Medicine Shoppe in Laurinburg, North Carolina.
- New HIV cases declining. Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/12/2010 Supplement, Vol. 182, pE50
The article reports on a data released by a joint publication of the United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS and the World Health Organization according to which new cases of Human Influenza Virus (HIV) infection have decreased by 17 percent since 2001.
- HIV testing in community pharmacies and retail clinics: A model to expand access to screening for HIV infection. Weidle, Paul J.; Lecher, Shirley; Botts, Linda W.; Jones, LaDawna; Spach, David H.; Alvarez, Jorge; Jones, Rhondette; Thomas, Vasavi // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p486
Objective: To test the feasibility of offering rapid, point-of-care human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing at community pharmacies and retail clinics. Design: Pilot program to determine how to implement confidential HIV testing services in community pharmacies and retail clinics. Setting: 21...
- A Study on Fixed Dose Combination Tablets of Cytokine Inhibitor and Thiocolchicoside. Akshay, Patel K.; Govind, Rajawat S.; Raju, Sharma; Mithilesh; Dev, Jain A. // International Journal of Research in Pharmacy & Science;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p42
Fixed-dose combination drug products may be developed by a pharmaceutical company as a way to extend the marketability of a drug product. Since FDCs may be protected by patents, a company may obtain exclusive rights to sell the FDC, even though the individual active ingredients may be off-patent...