Women's knowledge and attitudes regarding alcohol consumption in pregnancy: a national survey
- PACT to help women stop drinking during pregnancy. // Midwifery News;Dec2012, Issue 67, p44
The article reports the development of Pregnancy Alcohol Cessation Toolkit (PACT), an online course on health promotion initiatives to control alcohol consumption among pregnant women for midwives to acquire certification.
- We'll Drink to That. // Men's Health;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the effect of drinking alcohol once a month to pregnancy rates.
- How much alcohol during pregnancy is too much? // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;8/2/2012, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information regarding alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
- Alcohol health risks left out of reform bill. // New Zealand Doctor;9/7/2011, p13
The article reports that drinking alcoholic beverages while pregnant and its associated risks have been left out of the Alcohol Reform Bill approved by the New Zealand government on August 25, 2011.
- Clinical digest. LIGHT DRINKING IN EARLY PREGNANCY IS NOT HARMFUL TO THE CHILD. // Nursing Standard;2/20/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p16
The article reports on research which was published in the article "Light Drinking in Pregnancy and Mid-Childhood Mental Health and Learning Outcomes" by K. Sayal et al. and found that light drinking during pregnancy is not harmful to children.
- Should women abstain from alcohol throughout pregnancy? Mather, Mary; Wiles, Kate; O'Brien, Patrick // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/10/2015, Vol. 351 Issue 8028, ph5232
The article discusses the different views on whether women should abstain from alcohol throughout pregnancy or otherwise. Topics mentioned include the international consensus on women abstaining from alcohol in pregnancy, light drinking in pregnancy, and the apparent contradictory and confusing...
- Alchohol Use And Its Co-Relates And Association With Lifestyle Diseases In An Tribal District Of Jharkhand:A Cross Sectional Survey. Hiremath, R. N.; Ghodke, Sandhya; Bhalla, S.; Sinha, S.; Choudhary, R. K.; Naskar, S.; Kumar, P. // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
An abstract of the article "Alchohol Use And Its Co-Relates And Association With Lifestyle Diseases In An Tribal District Of Jharkhand:A Cross Sectional Survey," by Sandhya Ghodke and colleagues is presented.
- 'No alcohol, no risk' Boden, Gil // AIMS Journal;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses 26-minute film released by the National Organisation for Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, Great Britain (NOFAS). Footages include likely alcoholic mothers, deformed features and challenging behaviours of children. It discusses the effects of alcohol during pregnancy and advises no...
- Drinking Patterns and Alcohol-Related Birth Defects. Maier, Susan E.; West, James R. // Alcohol Research & Health;2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p168
Explores the consequences of maternal drinking patterns on prenatal alcohol exposure. Definition of alcohol consumption and drinking patterns; Animal studies of consequences of maternal drinking patterns; Results of human studies on the effects of maternal drinking patterns; Factors that may...