Genome-scale identification of Soybean BURP domain-containing genes and their expression under stress treatments
- Most-quoted forage statistic is a poor predictor of quality. NEWPORT, ALAN // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2014, Vol. 139 Issue 6, pBP8
The article focuses on the use of protein and energy as predictors of forage quality. INSET: Crude protein is a crude measurement.
- Statistical analysis of cellulase production in Bacillus amyloliquefaciens UNPDV-22. Zambare, Vasudeo; Christopher, Lew // Extreme Life, Biospeology & Astrobiology;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p38
The production of cellulase in Bacillus amyloliquefaciens UNPDV-22 was optimized using response surface methodology (RSM). Central composite design (CCD) was used to study the interactive effect of fermentation medium components (wheat bran, soybean meal, and malt dextrin) on cellulase activity....
- Fine mapping of a resistance gene to bacterial leaf pustule in soybean. Dong Hyun Kim; Kil Hyun Kim; Kyujung Van; Moon young Kim; Suk-Ha Lee // Theoretical & Applied Genetics;May2010, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p1443
Soybean bacterial leaf pustule (BLP) is a prevalent disease caused by Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines. Fine mapping of the BLP resistant gene, rxp, is needed to select BLP resistant soybean cultivars by marker-assisted selection (MAS). We used a total of 227 recombinant inbred lines (RILs)...
- Computationally Driven, Quantitative Experiments Discover Genes Required for Mitochondrial Biogenesis. Hess, David C.; Myers, Chad L.; Huttenhower, Curtis; Hibbs, Matthew A.; Hayes, Alicia P.; Paw, Jadine; Clore, John J.; Mendoza, Rosa M.; Luis, Bryan San; Nislow, Corey; Giaever, Guri; Costanzo, Michael; Troyanskaya, Olga G.; Caudy, Amy A. // PLoS Genetics;Mar2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Mitochondria are central to many cellular processes including respiration, ion homeostasis, and apoptosis. Using computational predictions combined with traditional quantitative experiments, we have identified 100 proteins whose deficiency alters mitochondrial biogenesis and inheritance in...
- We don't know our forages' real quality. Newport, Alan // California Farmer;Aug2012, Vol. 295 Issue 8, following p20
The article presents information on the quality of forages in the U.S. with respect to the protein content in the forage and the quality of the grass.
- Seasons and planting densities interaction on forage production of eight hybrids maize, Ecuador. Álvaro Cañadas L.; Carlos Molina H.; Diana Rade L.; Francisco Fernández M. // Revista MVZ CÃ³rdoba;jan-apr2016, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5112
Objective. To assess the interaction effect of the season and planting densities on the production of eight INIAP corn hybrids. Materials and methods. A research process was conducted in 2013. It was applied a split - split plot design with three replication and Tukey test was used. It was...
- Protein Folding and Misfolding. King, Jonathan; Haase-Pettingell, Cameron; Gossard, David // American Scientist;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p445
Examines the three-dimensional folds of protein in a gene sequence. Description of individual protein molecules; Analysis of the folding process in proteins; Importance of understanding the folding process.
- Dissociation of Infectivity from Seeding Ability in Prions with Alternate Docking Mechanism. Miller, Michael B.; Geoghegan, James C.; Supattapone, Surachai // PLoS Pathogens;Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 7, Special section p1
Previous studies identified two mammalian prion protein (PrP) polybasic domains that bind the disease-associated conformer PrPSc, suggesting that these domains of cellular prion protein (PrPC) serve as docking sites for PrPSc during prion propagation. To examine the role of polybasic domains in...
- Quantifying Intramolecular Binding in Multivalent Interactions: A Structure-Based Synergistic Study on Grb2-Sos1 Complex. Sethi, Anurag; Goldstein, Byron; Gnanakaran, S. // PLoS Computational Biology;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Numerous signaling proteins use multivalent binding to increase the specificity and affinity of their interactions within the cell. Enhancement arises because the effective binding constant for multivalent binding is larger than the binding constants for each individual interaction. We seek to...