Thaumatin-like proteins are differentially expressed and localized in phloem tissues of hybrid poplar
- Studies clear TLP cost, depth limit misconceptions. Chianis, John; Poll, Phillip // Offshore;Jul97, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p42
Discusses concepts of the design and implementation of tension leg platform (TLP) technology for offshore oil exploration. Description of TLP technology; Advantages of TLPs; Misconceptions about water depth limitation and costs of TLPs; Significance of schedule compression in TLP technology;...
- Tension base TLP can support development in 4,000 ft depths. Srinivasan, Nagan // Offshore;Mar95, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p48
Introduces the tension base tension leg platform (TBTLP) concept for deepwater developments in water depths over 4000 feet. Deepwater problems offset by the concept; Use of the principle of compliance to waves; TBTLP principles; Merits and demerits of other types of TLP in conjunction with the...
- SeaStar minimal platform for small deepwater reserves. Kibbee, Stephen // Offshore;Jun96, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the tension-leg platform (TLP) features of the SeaStar minimal platform for small deepwater reserves. Combination of TLP technology with the cost, schedule and learning curve advantages of marginal field platform designs; Operational advantages of a fixed-based platform; TLP designs;...
- Mobil's tension leg riser combines low cost, compliancy. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Jan95, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p16
Describes a tension leg riser design for drilling platforms developed by Mobil Research and Development. Elimination of fatigue problems in the platforms; Offer of flexible jumpers in cases of dynamic loading; Limitations of conventional risers.
- The effect of light on nitrate uptake by wheat roots. Jinzhi Li; Jianming Gao; Ming Jiang // Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae;2013, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p207
Illuminating shoots stimulates nitrate uptake by wheat (Triticum aestivum L. cv. 'EM18') roots. A method with a high time resolution (minutes), non-invasive technique, has enabled to measure the nitrate uptake time coarsely. The nitrate uptake by wheat roots increases in the light and decreases...
- Benefits stack up for triangular TLP. // Offshore;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p72
Focuses on the benefits of triangular tension leg platforms (TLPs) being developed by Saga Petroleum and Aker Engineering. Testing of the concept in Marintek's deepwater tank; Identification of high-cost factors in other TLP models.
- Shell plans Brutus hub potential, development. Smith, Jennifer E. // Offshore;Jun99, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on Shell Exploration and Production's (SEPCo) development of its 1988 Brutus discovery, located on Green Canyon blocks 158 and 202. Information on an 8-slot tension leg platform (TLP); Oil and gas production for 2001.
- Positioning the Mars TLP tendons and free-standing piles. Keener, Danny // Offshore;Jul96, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the installation of tendons on Shell's Mars tension leg platform (TLP) without foundation templates. Accuracy in positioning the tendon piles for the Mars TLP in the Gulf of Mexico; Overview of the Mars program; Surface positioning.
- Another TLP record for Shell. Von Flatern, Rick // Offshore;Jun97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p26
Reports on Shell Offshore Inc.'s establishment of a Ram/Powell tension leg platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Water-depth aspect of the platform; Ram/Powell's well completion strategy.