Forget Rhythm, Rhyme And Imagery, What Readers Really Want From Poetry Is A Celebrity Endorsement
- The Abolitionist Sisterhood. // Books in Canada;Feb97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p99
Presents comments regarding reviews and criticisms of books and poems in Canada. Descriptions of 'A Story About Mr. Silberstein'; Decline in the quality of poetry published; Assertions of critic John Ferguson of the book 'The Space of Appearance.'
- Acknowledgments. // Father of the Predicaments;2001, p79
The article offers information on several magazines and journals which has published the poems collected in the book "The Father of the Predicaments," by Heather McHugh including "Seneca Review," "Connecticut Review," and "Teacup."
- Front Cover. // Last Poems by A. E. Housman;1922, preceding p5
The article offers the author's insights on his motivations and reasons why he published his book of poetry "Last Poems," such as the discontinuous excitement of the readers and because he wants to witness the publication through the press and control its punctuation and spelling.
- STRIKING A CORD. // World of Hibernia;Autumn99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p184
The book "130 Great Irish Ballads" is published by Dublin-based publishers, Music Ireland. The book contains 130 of Ireland's best loved ballads-all the lyrics, guitar chords, music score and chord symbols. Compiled and designed by Robert Gogan, himself an amateur musician, the book is...
- An Interview with Wave Books. // American Book Review;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p30
Presents an interview with the management of Wave Books, an independent poetry publishing house located in Seattle. Wave books focuses on publishing the work of a generation of poets from ages 30 to 45. They believed that poetry is a necessary and a central learning experience for students...
- LA CELESTINA, A PESAR DE TODO: LA PAGA, EL CORAZÃ“N DE MELIBEA Y TAMBIÃ‰N CIERTO SELEU CO. VOLEK, Por EMIL // Ibero-Americana Pragensia;2009, Vol. 43, p47
No abstract available.
- THE POET'S DOSSIER: WOMYN, OMENS AND POEMS. W-OMENS, POEMS. MI CASTILLO/MORADA INTERIOR. Umpierre, Luz María // Chasqui (01458973);nov2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p183
An essay is presented on the author's career as a poet, highlighting her poetry collection entitled "The Margarita Poems." She discusses the early days of her career including the conceptualization of the said collection. She was reportedly apprehensive in publishing her work as she already...
- Chronology. RANDALL, DON // David Malouf (Manchester University Press);2007, preceding p1
The article presents a chronology of the life of Australian author David Malouf from 1934 to 2006. The author was born to Lebanese and English parents in Brisbane, Queensland on March 20, 1934. "Bicycle and Other Poems" is the first volume of poetry published by Malouf in Australia in 1970. In...
- celebrating American poetry. Galvin, Rachel // Humanities;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the publication of the poetry anthology book `American Poetry: The Twentieth Century' by the Library of America. Description of the poetry anthology; Objective of the poetry anthology; Activities of the Library of America during the National Poetry Month in 2000; Samples of poetry in...