Love Of God And Country Spark Bible Boom
- After 'Black Tuesday' Malysheva, D. // Russian Politics & Law;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p88
Comments on the prevalence of militant Islam in Russia and Asian regions of the Commonwealth of Independent States. Collaboration of the CIS with the U.S. government in antiterrorist operations; Internal religious differences in the Islam religion; Opposition of the Eurosianism group to the...
- The ethics of terror. // Commonweal;7/12/85, Vol. 112 Issue 15, p389
Opinion. Never has it been more important that, as a nation, Americans rethink our attitude toward terrorism, acknowledge that the nation cannot be a party to the sophisticated terrorism of secret police or tolerate mass imprisonments by allies then claim innocence when US citizens are victims...
- The need for a universal ethic. // Christian Century;10/8/86, Vol. 103 Issue 34, p861
Contemporary ideologies of pluralism--including contextualist and confessionalist theologies--lack universalistic principles and therefore do not provide an adequate basis for opposing torture and terrorism.
- `They shall not hurt nor destroy...'. // Christian Science Monitor;7/29/97, Vol. 88 Issue 170, p17
Presents a spiritual perspective to world events and daily life. Motives of terrorism; Need to address social, political and cultural issues behind acts of terrorism; God's power to destroy evil.
- Osama bin Laden's holy terrorism. Curry, George E. // New York Amsterdam News;9/20/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 38, p13
Discusses the 'holy' terrorism of terrorist Osama bin Laden. Historical basis of bin Laden's hatred against the United States; Response of bin Laden to the accusations of Americans; Role of religion in influencing the followers of bin Laden.
- RELIGION'S ROLE. // Christian Science Monitor;10/5/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 219, p10
Discusses a speech by British Prime Minister Tony Blair which compared Osama bin Laden's interpretation of the Koran with the Christian Crusaders and their interpretation of the gospels.
- The Identity Christian Movement. Sharpe, Tanya Telfair // Journal of Black Studies;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p604
Analyzes the etiology of the Identity Christian movement and the communication strategies and organized activities that link the belief systems. Relation of Identity Christian to domestic terrorist; Details on the doctrine of Identity Christianity; Dangers associated with the movement.
- Century marks. // Christian Century;06/18/97, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p581
Discusses the evangelical leaders' protest on the publishing of the `gender-accurate' edition by the New International Version of the Bible (NIV). Substitution of `people' for `men' and `brothers and sisters' for `brothers'; Accusation against NIV publishers of caving in to `political correctness.'
- Chronology. // Terrorist Groups;2006, pN.PAG
Presents a timeline of events related to Islamist terrorism.