In Frankfurt, Business as Usual--Sort of
- Fast times at Frankfurt. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p9
Reports on profits made by Canadian Publishers in a book fair held in Frankfurt, Germany. Book titles that helped in raising the profile of Canada in Frankfurt; Sales and purchase of English-language rights of various countries; Status of children's title 'Hana's Suitcase' in the fair; Concerns...
- Frankfurt on the cheap. Mercer, Jeremy // Quill & Quire;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the search of distributors for a literary magazine 'Kilometer Zero' at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Response of distributors in the fair; Proposal from Nick Pitt of Warwick Publishing in Toronto, Ontario to distribute 1000 copies of books.
- Industry Hoping This Year Brings A Return To The Normal Craziness Of A Frankfurt Book Fair. // Book Publishing Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plans of book publishers and agents for the 2002 Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Industry trends highlighted at the event; Notable book launched planned.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Loses Allure for Some U.S Publishing Houses. // Book Publishing Report;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the declining attendance at the 55th Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Evaluation of the advantages of the show; Viewpoint of the publishing houses; Increase in the number of expenses associated with the show.
- CALENDAR. // Quill & Quire;Feb99, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p4
Presents a calendar of events related to publishing in Canada as of February 1999. Western Book Fair; Ottawa Regional Booksellers Association Book Fair; Freedom to Read Week.
- Early BookExpo America has publishers scrambling. Reid, Calvin; Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on the book publishing community's preparation for the 1999 Book Expo America (BEA), which takes place April 29-May 1 in Los Angeles, California. Concerns raised about the accelerated work schedule; Combination of sales conference and BEA into one extended road trip; Schedules of...
- Late night Thring-throng. // Quill & Quire;Mar1996, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p78
Reports on various events related to the Canadian publishing industry as of March 1996. Dinner party of the Book Promoters' Association of Canada in March 1996; Organizing of the 1996 Fourth Annual Black Book Fair between February 1 and 2, 1996.
- Prague's May fair showcases Czech book scene. H.R.L. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p17
Announces that Prague's Third International Book Fair will take place from May 8 to May 11, 1997. Fair sponsored by the Association of Czech Booksellers and Publishers, with assistance by the Czech cultural ministry and local authorities; Exhibitors that will be represented.
- The road to rights sales. Oppel, Kenneth // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p13
Reports on Children's Book Fair held in Bologna, Italy in 1997. Book and its author who won Ragazzi prize in the fair; Rights sale deals, co-publishing deals and distribution agreements inked in the fair; Books that drew strong interest in the fair.