In Frankfurt, Business as Usual--Sort of
- Fast times at Frankfurt. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p9
Reports on profits made by Canadian Publishers in a book fair held in Frankfurt, Germany. Book titles that helped in raising the profile of Canada in Frankfurt; Sales and purchase of English-language rights of various countries; Status of children's title 'Hana's Suitcase' in the fair; Concerns...
- Frankfurt on the cheap. Mercer, Jeremy // Quill & Quire;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the search of distributors for a literary magazine 'Kilometer Zero' at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Response of distributors in the fair; Proposal from Nick Pitt of Warwick Publishing in Toronto, Ontario to distribute 1000 copies of books.
- Industry Hoping This Year Brings A Return To The Normal Craziness Of A Frankfurt Book Fair. // Book Publishing Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plans of book publishers and agents for the 2002 Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Industry trends highlighted at the event; Notable book launched planned.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Loses Allure for Some U.S Publishing Houses. // Book Publishing Report;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the declining attendance at the 55th Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany. Evaluation of the advantages of the show; Viewpoint of the publishing houses; Increase in the number of expenses associated with the show.
- CALENDAR. // Quill & Quire;Feb99, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p4
Presents a calendar of events related to publishing in Canada as of February 1999. Western Book Fair; Ottawa Regional Booksellers Association Book Fair; Freedom to Read Week.
- Early BookExpo America has publishers scrambling. Reid, Calvin; Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on the book publishing community's preparation for the 1999 Book Expo America (BEA), which takes place April 29-May 1 in Los Angeles, California. Concerns raised about the accelerated work schedule; Combination of sales conference and BEA into one extended road trip; Schedules of...
- Publishers form new group, launch new fair, in Singapore. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/20/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 21, p32
Considers how a group of international publishers, the Publishers Association (Singapore) (PAS), plans to turn a small Chinese-language event into an international event for the book trade in Asia. Singapore's World Book Fair, to be held May 24 to June 2, 1996; Supporters of the PAS including...
- Late night Thring-throng. // Quill & Quire;Mar1996, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p78
Reports on various events related to the Canadian publishing industry as of March 1996. Dinner party of the Book Promoters' Association of Canada in March 1996; Organizing of the 1996 Fourth Annual Black Book Fair between February 1 and 2, 1996.
- Tokyo book fair: Trying to make a new Asian showcase. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;2/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p12
Recounts the 1997 Tokyo International Book Fair held in January 23 to 26, 1997. Assertion that Japan has the number two publishing industry in the world; Book imports in Japan in a slump until 6 months ago; Who were the strong contingents at the fair; Support of the Asian Pacific Publishers...