Technological breakthrough opens ups a new fishery for the Rowley Family
- Intermediate technologies for small-scale fishermen in the Caribbean Suman, Daniel O. // Oceanus;Winter1987, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p65
No abstract available.
- LIE DETECTOR. L. R. // Boating;Aug2006, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p57
The article offers tips on how anglers can ensure that they are getting accurate data from their fishfinders.
- Net losses. Cameron, Silver Donald // Canadian Geographic;Apr/May90, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the state of the fishing industry on the east coast of Canada. Total number of fishing industry workers; 'Enterprise allocation' system; Measures to conserve cod populations; Problem of overfishing due to advance fishing technology.
- Can We Catch More Fish and Still Preserve the Stock? Neubert, Michael // Oceanus;2005, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the use of mathematics called optimal control theory to determine the best fishing strategy that produces the maximum possible yield and conserves marine environment. Capacity of the mathematical model to yield information about population ecology that complements traditional...
- Murder, They Wrote. Tetarchik, M. // Audubon;Nov87, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p138
Comments on an article published in the periodical 'Audibon' concerning fishhooks.
- Individual transferable vessel quotas and efficient restructuring of the primary harvesting sector. Dupont, Diane P. // Annals of Operations Research;Mar2000, Vol. 94 Issue 1-4, p275
Over the last three decades most of the world's fisheries have been subject to management programs that have tried to limit the use of key fishing inputs. Inevitably, these restrictions have proven ineffective at preventing rent dissipation and stock depletion. More noteworthy is that fishers...
- Consideration on Developing the Enhancement Fishery in China. LE, Jiahua; ZHANG, Cheng // Asian Agricultural Research;Oct2014, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p30
The enhancement fishery is one of five pillar industries of aquatic products industry. Cultivation and development of enhancement fishery have certain conditions and advantages in China. From the concept of the enhancement fishery, this paper introduced four approaches for developing the...
- SEAFOOD PROCESSORS. STRONG, DANIEL // Alaska Economic Trends;Nov2014, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article focuses on the processing of seafood in Alaska. Topics discussed include the minimal training required in most fish processing jobs, the high percentage of nonresidents in the seafood processing industry, and projected growth on seafood processing industry employment between 2012 and...
- Agricultural and fisheries extension in Indonesia - origins, transitions and current challenges. Herianto, Ageng Setiawan; Wastutinigsih, Sri Peni; Foster, Derek; Rimmer, Mike; Callinan, Richard // Extension Farming Systems Journal;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p23
In recent decades, changes to Indonesia's government extension systems have been driven primarily by shifts in agricultural development policies, albeit with a continuing focus on rice self-sufficiency, by the 'autonomy' process and by budgetary constraints. Under these changes, the T&V system...