Remote features enhance HDD safety
- Boring work, exciting results. Daniels, Stephen H. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/28/97, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p14
Reports on technological innovations on directional drilling. Improvements in equipment's locating and tracking accuracy; Alternative to traditional open excavation; Savings from jobs with the equipment; Applications for underground electrical work.
- The construction trend is trenchless. Griffin, Jeff // America's Network;4/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the use of directional drilling for installation of new telecommunications systems. Ability to install cable for the information superhighway without destroying yards, streets and rivers; Enabling of underground installations under paved surfaces, beneath landscaped areas and others...
- Crossing For 320-Mile CO2 Pipeline Challenges New HDD Company And Crew. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the challenges faced by John Dagenhart in starting his horizontal directional drilling (HDD) company Lone Star Directional Drilling in Clarksville, Texas during worse economy. It notes that Dagenhart uses high technology equipment as the company focuses on the installation...
- Working on the rail road. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p62
Focuses on C&S Directional Boring Inc.'s use of directional drilling in fiberoptic telecommunication links. Installation of a drill rig; Rail-mounted horizontal directional drilling system.
- The Future of Oil. Clive, Shannon // Business in Calgary;Sep2012, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p46
The article focuses on the technological innovations in the oil and gas industry in Canada. It states that country's oilfield services companies are seeing opportunities brought about by the multi-stage segment fracturing despite international scrutiny among regulators and environmental groups....
- Difficult bores becoming routine. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p53
Discusses the utility industry's choice of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) as the preferred construction method for large sections of many of their projects. Advances in HDD equipment; Use of HDD equipment in two C&S projects for Denver, Colorado's Qwest Communications.
- Cost-Saving HDD, PVC Upgrade Town's Entire Water System. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2005, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p42
The article reports that the residents of the small town of Wheeler in northwest Indiana enjoy a plentiful, dependable supply of clean, good-tasting drinking water. Not long ago. water to the 160-plus homes and dozen businesses depended on water from individual water wells. Ultimately, a...
- Senate Hangs 'No Drilling' Sign Along The Lakeshore. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the approval of a bill that bans leasers for directional drilling under the Great Lakes in Michigan. Goal and intent of the bill; Punishment for violation of the bill.
- Criteria for evaluating directionally drilled crossings. Boivin, R.P.; Eng, P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p12
Considers the general aspects of directional drilling technology as related to the installation of small- and large-diameter pipelines at water crossings. Wide use of directional drilling; Use situations; Limitations; Scheduling; Drilling fluids; Work space; Pipe profile; Stress analysis;...