Safety study: Protecting public safety through excavation damage prevention
- New inspection device available. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the inspection device for pipelines developed by Pennsylvania State engineers.
- Blast at Ukraine gas pipeline said to be due to bomb, security increased. // World Energy News;6/18/2014, p3
The article reports that Ukraine's government has ordered security to be increased on the gas pipeline network in the country for prevention of sabotage.
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline Resumes Operation Following Earthquakes. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 229 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the resumption of the operation of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline after earthquakes. Initiation of an automatic shutdown by the pipeline's Earthquake Monitoring System; Effects of the earthquakes; Aerial surveillance and ground crews of the company following the calamity.
- Pipeline Safety Market worth $6.73 Billion by 2018. // Sensors;2/14/2014, p1
The article reports that according to market research firm MarketsandMarkets, the Pipeline Safety Market will see increment in its growth by 2018 due to several safety issues including security compliance and regulations, terrorist attacks and increasing government pressure.
- ENVIRONMENTAL Intelligence. Halweil, Brian; Nierenberg, Danielle; Huvane, Kathleen; Saoshiro, Uta // World Watch;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Presents developments related to environmental science. Impact of genetically modified corn on environment and health; Effects of pesticides on the ability of crops to absorb nutrients; Contributions of pipeline projects on economic development.
- INGAA implementing new seven-point safety plan. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec94, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Interstate Gas Association of America's (INGAA) implementation of a seven-point pipeline safety action plan. Passage of one-call legislation to prevent third-party damage; Content of the pipeline safety action plan.
- Letter To The Editor. Stursma, Donald J. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the proposed Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) rules in the September 2008 issue.
- Minnesota Office of Pipeline Safety DIRECTORY. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2006 Directory, p72
A directory for the Minnesota Office of Pipeline Safety is presented.
- Sissonville Explosion Prompts Federal Hearing. KUYKENDALL, TAYLOR // State Journal (WV);1/11/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p15
The article offers information on the field hearing meeting on pipeline safety to be held in Charleston, West Virginia on January 28, 2013.