Spring merger for Williams/MAPCO
- National energy gaints MAPCO, Williams announce deal to merge through $2.7 billion stock-for-... // LP/Gas;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the non-taxable stock-for-stock agreement which the Williams Companies Incorporated acquired MAPCO Incorporated of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Details on the agreement; Value of the agreement; Information on MAPCO's businesses; Estimated amount of people employed at both companies.
- The Williams Cos. acquires Mapco. // National Petroleum News;Jan98, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p15
Reports on Williams Cos. Inc.'s agreement to acquire Mapco. Estimated value of the combined company; Synergies of the two companies; Major businesses of Mapco.
- Williams, Mapco merger finalized. // National Petroleum News;May98, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Williams Cos' acquisition of Mapco Inc.
- MAPCO/The Williams Companies. // Underground Construction;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p64
Reports on MAPCO Inc. and Texaco's partnership with Williams Cos. in the their Discovery Producer Services project. Terms of the Williams' merger agreement with MAPCO.
- Williams, MAPCO complete merger. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May98, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the completion of Williams Cos.'s acquisition of energy firm MAPCO Inc. by $3.1 billion. Management of the MAPCO business by Stephen Cropper who is president of Williams' energy services group; Description of the energy units that will operate under MAPCO.
- MAPCO, Williams shareholders both approve merger. // LP/Gas;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the approval of a merger plan between shareholders of MAPCO Inc. and the Williams Companies Inc. Terms under non-taxable, stock-for stock transaction; Acquisition by Williams of MAPCO for fixed ratio of common stock; Financial gains posted by MAPCO for the fourth quarter ended...
- Full package. // LP/Gas;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the impact of Williams' merger with MAPCO Inc. on the propane industry in the United States. Combination of forces of companies into a diversified energy and telecommunications powerhouse; Growth opportunities resulting from the merger; Pursuit of value-added growth strategies leading...
- Williams buys Mapco. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;4/1/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on the merger between William Companies and Mapco company to bring hydrocarbon to the petrochemicals market. Annual sales of Williams; Features of the combined companies; Products of Williams.
- Houston roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/01/97, Vol. 252 Issue 22, p12
Discusses several news about chemical companies in Houston, Texas. Update on the lawsuit filed against Union Pacific Corp.; Overview of the trials of the case; Terms of acquisition agreement signed by Williams Companies Inc. for Mapco Inc.