Continuous ST-Segment Monitoring in the Intensive Care Unit
- SESSION 5: CREATIVITY IN CLINICAL PRACTICE: Reducing pressure damage in critical care. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p41
An abstract of the article "Reducing pressure damage in critical care," by Alison Evans is presented.
- Family Presence: Visitation in the Adult ICU. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p76
The article cites statistical evidence to show that the unrestricted presence of a support person in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) can benefit a patient because it improves the safety of care. It suggests guidelines to bring the said concept into effect for maximum advantage to the patient...
- Nurse-Managed Ventilator Weaning Protocol Results in Positive Clinical Outcomes. Chlan, Linda L. // Critical Care Alert;Apr2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p7
The article presents study that focuses on comparison between the usual method of physician-directed weaning from mechanical ventilation to a weaning protocol directed and managed by bedside Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nurses. The hospital critical care committee developed the nurse-managed...
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Developing a clinical guideline. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p70
An abstract of the article "Developing a clinical guideline," by Louise Simonsen and Laura Krone Larsen is presented.
- EB123: To Turn or Not to Turn: Critical Decisions Using a Therapeutic Repositioning Risk Assessment Tool. Daddio-Pierce, Carol Ann; Feild, Lucy; Aquilino, Mary; Bernazzani, Margaret; Cooper, Irene; Donahoe, Christopher; Fracione, Suzanne; MacNeil, Jacqueline; Strojwas, Stephen; Vacca, Vincent // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe52
No abstract available.
- Skilled Cardiac Monitoring at the Bedside: An Algorithm for Success. Evenson, Laura; Farnsworth, Monica // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses cardiac monitoring. It states that the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) posted two practice alerts to address the issues in cardiac monitoring. It also notes that the alerts were addressed for two main reasons such as to detect and provide early...
- Ventilation with less infection: said and done! Manici, Matteo; Martella, Elena // SCENARIO: Official Italian Journal of ANIARTI;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2Sup, p36
An abstract of the study "Ventilation With Less Infection: Said and Done!," by Matteo Manici and Elena Martella is presented.
- Nursing Advocacy in Mobilization of Patients in ICU. Rodriguez, Catherine; Mathew, Sherly // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p53
No abstract available.
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Interventions of nurses to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p71
An abstract of the article "Interventions of nurses to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units," by GÃ¼lten Ozden and Sevgi Sun Kapucu is presented.