- Wood door standards. // Forest Products Journal;Jan1997, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the availability of the updated standards for wood sliding patio doors and wood swinging patio doors.
- `Not What I Expected'. Neuenschwander, Dee // Buildings;May99, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p32
Offers suggestions in making specifications for the construction of wooden doors. Things to consider in making door specifications; Reasons behind the advantages of factory-finished doors over field-finished doors; Tools that can help in making door specifications.
- Frame-and-panel doors: It's all about proportion and detail. Kirby, Ian // Woodworker's Journal;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
Gives instructions on how to make well-proportioned frame-and-panel wood doors. Reason for using the frame and panel design; Design and technique; Light and shadow.
- 5398 ways to get in. // Yankee;Mar2000, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p84
Features the Old House Parts, a shop which sells salvaged wooden doors in Kennebunk, Maine. Collection of doorknobs; Price range of the items; Assembly of rare entryway accoutrements.
- Wall Cabinet with a Fluted Door. Stevesand, Mike // Woodworker's Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p36
The article provides tips for making wall cabinet with a fluted door. The author wanted to do a project that would be freeform and improvisational, preferably with minimum reliance on paper, pencil and measuring tape. About that time he came across a plank of flatsawn lacewood. It had an...
- TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: WOOD DOORS. // Stained Glass Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p75
A list of suppliers of wooden doors and frames in the U.S. for glass craft is presented, including Emerson Woodworks Inc. and Northern Hardwoods Framing.
- Build a Solid [yet Playful] Entry Door. RODECK, ARNIM // Canadian Woodworking & Home Improvement;Aug/Sep2014, Issue 91, p14
The article offers step-by-step instructions for building a wooden entry door.
- Coopered Doors. KLAGER, JASON // Canadian Woodworking & Home Improvement;Aug/Sep2014, Issue 91, p24
The article offers step-by-step instructions for building a wooden coopered door.
- Doors, Prehung Exterior. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p110
The article lists the costs of prehung wood exterior doors which includes the flush hardwood, flush birch, and sidelites.