Small firms hit by high bank charges
- Increasing Transparency In Banking Sector. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the approval of three resolutions made by Brazil's Conselho Monetario Nacional (CMN) relating to banking fees charged to individual and companies. Accordingly, Brazilian banking regulators have slashed the number of fees that local banks can charge to individuals and small...
- Consultant: Banks leaving money on table if they don't add small-business products. Whiteman, Louis // American Banker;11/4/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 212, p8
Reports that community banks are missing an opportunity to boost fee income by not expanding their small-business offerings, according to Darren S. Parslow, manager at Financial Institutions Consulting. Reasons why many banks do not offer these products; Small business spendings on financial...
- Chase slashes banking fees for small business. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;7/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p4
Reports that Chase Manhattan Corp. is cutting banking fees for small business in efforts to defend its lead in the competitive New York City small business market. Deepening of relationship with existing customers; Cross-selling strategy.
- The Effects of ATM Surcharges on Small Banking Organizations. Prager, Robin A. // Review of Industrial Organization;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p161
Discusses the effects of automated teller machine (ATM) surcharges on small banking organizations in the United States. Background on ATM; Arguments for the imposition of ATM surcharges; Changes in the share of deposits held by small banks operating in states where surcharging is allowed;...
- Banking on Boardman. // Finance Week;10/27/2003, p5
Presents a letter to the editor related to bank charges on small business in South Africa.
- Making business bank accounts work for you. // Forecourt Trader;Aug2012, p14
The article offers suggestions on managing business bank accounts. It states that account holders should try to keep the service charge as low as possible by making sure that the banks charge them for the services they have used. It mentions the criticism against banks by the small/medium...
- A Perfect Time to Reinvigorate the SBA. Brister, Kathy // U.S. Banker;Dec2009, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p80
The article focuses on the reinvigoration of the Small Business Administration (SBA) in the U.S. It mentions that 787 billion dollars had been acquired by the SBA from the economic stimulus package that temporarily lowers administrative fees and raises the government guarantee to 90 percent on...
- Go bank shopping before you need cash. Powers, Marsha // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p21
The article presents an interview with Marsha Powers, president and CEO of Powers Financial Group Inc. She says that one should find out the maximum loan amount a lender will provide one and over what period of time this potential amount will be held. She says that the additional sources include...
- Getting together to help others. Lacasse, Karen // Northern Ontario Business;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p16
Presents tips on the financial aspects of running a small business. Includes need for business owners to plan their financial independence; Cost reduction through understanding how banks charge service fees; Benefits of incorporation.