Millennium bug `not a problem' with LCS Fix Test
- Testing for year 2000 glitch. // Practical Accountant;Apr97, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
Announces the availability of the Year 2000 Acid Test diskette from SBT Accounting Systems, a software for testing a computer's handling of the year 2000 problem. Contact number for free copies.
- Tool kills Y2K bugs lurking in database code. Cox, John // Network World;03/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p32
Evaluates the ServerLogic SP/2000 software used to locate Year 2000 date conversion problems in database code. Capability to search stored procedures and triggers; Price.
- Bug bashers. Cavanah, Cassandra // Entrepreneur;Jun99, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p56
Provides information about software solutions for fixing the year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion problem in computer systems. Ways that a personal computer could be affected by Y2K; Y2K-analysis program; Year 2000 Group Inc.'s Know2000 software; IMSI Software's Year 2000 Now program. INSET: Hot...
- CCD's validation tool confirms Y2K readiness. Hammond, Eric // InfoWorld;07/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p48
Reviews Beyond 1999/Validate Version 5.0, a Year 2000 verification and validation software from CCD Online Systems Inc.
- ZAC 2000 checks nets for Y2K compliance. Gonsalves, Antone // PC Week;05/18/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p24
Discusses the Zero Administration Client 2000 software, a year 2000 compliance checker for enterprise and networked desktops, by Network Associates Inc. Features; Price range.
- Time waits for no one. // InfoWorld;05/31/99, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p64
Compares the performance of several year-2000 date conversion assessment software. Centennial 2000 Pro Enterprise Edition 2.1 from Centennial LLC; GMT Check 2000 Client Server 3.11 from Greenwich Mean Time-UTA LC; Norton 2000 Enterprise Edition from Symantec Corp.; Express 2000 Software Manager...
- Y2K vendors take on testing of spreadsheets and databases. Zerega, Blaise // InfoWorld;08/17/98, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the release of software tools for testing noncompliant data such as spreadsheets and databases for year 2000 compliance. Viasoft's OnMark 2000 Workbench solutions that contain specialized products for applications such as Excel and Microsoft Access; PinPoint Software's ClickNet...
- Y2K tools for users playing catch-up. Gonsalves, Antone // PC Week;04/13/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p16
Provides information about products designed for companies who have fallen behind in efforts to make their systems year 2000 compliant. IBM's Millennium Language Extensions (MLE) which automates windowing processes to fix date fields in COBOL and IBM PL/1 applications; IBM's Millennium Date...
- Trials of the century. Coffee, Peter // PC Week;04/13/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p17
Reviews two software packages designed to assess year 2000 risks and managed the transition to a year 2000 compliant way of working. Year 2000 Packs 1.2.0 from IST Development Inc.; Architect/Crossover 1.9.4 from Juxtacomm Technologies Inc.; Features and capabilities; Pricing; Performance;...