Maples man opens store just yards from old employer's Jersey branch
- The endless list of Maples debts. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p1
Opinion. Comments on the debt incurred by the firm Maples. Creditors' meeting held by the company; Request made for Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry to allow the High Court's intervention.
- Will Cinven waive ...7.29m claim to give Maples creditors a better deal? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p7
Details the debt incurred by the furniture firm Maples. Creditors' meeting held by the company on November 27, 1997; Largest creditors; Discussion between the company and its creditors on how to settle the debt.
- Frank's belated note of warning. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p36
Recounts the author's experience in visiting a former Maples store being occupied on a temporary lease.
- Maples stock auctioned off. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p2
Reports on the sale of the remaining items of Maples stock after the chain's collapse in an auction on July 20, 1998.
- Warrnambool appoints Carroll as farmers return. // Dairy Industries International;Sep2009, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p11
The article announces that Michael Carroll was appointed director at Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory.
- Puzzling. Dingus, Anne; Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Jul97, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p24
Looks at the crptic crossword puzzles by Michael M. Carroll, dean of engineering at Rice University. Background on Carroll; Hints for the crossword puzzles.
- Consumer creditor claims to have clear evidence of fraud at Maples. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p2
Discloses consumer creditor Alistair Somerville Ford's claims that he has evidence to prove fraud at Maples. Call of Somerville for the High Court's intervention on the liquidation of Maples' assets; Persons elected to the liquidation committee.
- The truth will out. // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p1
Opinion. Comments on the financial problems faced by British furniture retailer Maples. Reaction by staff members of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine concerning the controversy; Implications of the controversy on the furniture industry in the country.
- `General practice' to falsify sales records, claim former Maples branch managers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p2
Focuses on the claim made by branch managers of British furniture retailer Maples that it was common practice for branch managers in the chain to falsify sales records to improve the chain's cash flow and continue trading. Features of the financial problems facing the company; Background to the...