Trade calls on government to cut NI and UBR to protect small firms
- Get your house in order. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2010, Issue 5714, p3
The article discusses the issue of value added tax increase (VAT) that can affect the furniture retailers industry in Great Britain.
- January VAT increase pushes November homewares. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p7
The article reports that the impending increase of the value-added tax (VAT) has augmented the November 2009 sales of homewares according to BDO's High Street Sales Tracker report in Great Britain.
- GUYANA. Wagenheim, Kal // Caribbean Update;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p11
This section offers news briefs related to the business sector of Guyana as of September 2008. To encourage production of wood products such as furniture, Guyana plans to increase taxes on some log exports. Meanwhile, arrest warrants were issued by the Guyana police for two Brazilians accused of...
- Small employers fuel LTCI sales. // Employee Benefit News;4/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
Presents an article on small business employers and LTCI scales.
- THE EMERGING BUSINESS TRUST. Townsley, Teresa // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the outcome of the meeting on the sources of commercial finance open to small business in Northern Ireland. Establishment of an International Fund for Ireland pilot fund; Strength of investment process; Assistance of the organization Emerging Business Trust.
- New Zealand small business. Cameron, Alan; Massey, Claire; Tweed, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p4
Addresses the economic issues affecting the small business sector of New Zealand. Background of New Zealand's economic policy; Economic significance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME); Changes in SME employment; Government assistance schemes; Survival rates of enterprises.
- The economic slowdown. Alexander, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p13
Looks at the future of the small business sector revenue and profitability in New Zealand. Management of small business funding requirements; Reasons for probable decline in revenue and profitability; Factors for strong sustainable economic upturn.
- Strategy--your clients and you. John, Jonathan // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the development of strategies in small and medium-sized businesses. Relationships with clients; Usefulness of a business strategy; Approaches to overcoming strategy process difficulties.
- The small-business challenge. Fauvel, Pam // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p41
Deals with small businesses established in New Zealand. Failure rate of small businesses; Factors contributing to success in small businesses; Employer responsibilities; Role of chartered accountants in legislation and compliance issues.