ScS staff kind to kids
- This Community Bank Is Sending Employees Half a World Away. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;2/24/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 28, p1
The article looks at the international social responsibility efforts of community bank Sunwest Bank. Topics covered include the international missions of the bank focused on fighting child slavery, abuse, and homelessness in nations like Ghana and Peru, the potential of volunteerism in boosting...
- Retail chain ScS set to float for ...30m. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p2
Details the decision of ScS Industries officials to float the company in the Great Britain stock exchange. Expected value of the company; Plan of the company to build a national presence in Great Britain.
- SCS waves goodbye to gloom with margin and order growth. // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p3
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer SCS for the first six months of 1998. Increase in operating margins; Factors that boosted turnover.
- Blue knight teaches safety, self-defense to elementary... // Curriculum Review;Sep92, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
Presents Sir Edward the Blue Knight, a project that visited elementary classrooms to teach children how to protect themselves from child molesters and others who would harm them. Person who act as Sir Edwards; Reason why the person chooses the knight character as a way of imparting his message...
- Paedophilia report. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Summarizes recommendations on the articles featured in the August 1997 issues of `Australian,' `West Australian' and more which reports about pedophilia in Australia. Recommendations for police on tracking down pedophiles; Proposed legislations; Proposed court arrangements when children's sex...
- Putting children first. // Australia's Parents;Aug/Sep97, Issue 100, p29
Presents information on the National Child Protection Week, which was held from September 7-13, 1997, focusing on various forms of child abuse in Australia. How long the events lasted; Reference to a report released from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; Details on the most common...
- Yello Dyno teaches kids how to recognize abuse. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/9/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p8A
The article reports that "Yello Dyno", a program designed to teach child abuse prevention techniques to students in kindergarten through first grade, will be introduced at Highland Lakes, Texas.
- No neglecting child abuse. Schachner, Lawrence A. // Dermatology Times;May2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the responsibilities of dermatologists in reporting suspected child abuse in the U.S. Laws concerning child abuse; Roles of dermatologists in recognizing cutaneous signs resulting from physical abuse; Differences between the signs of non-accidental injury and abuse.
- Attention to child abuse must not end. // Graham Leader;5/2/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 75, p4A
The article reflects on the importance of child abuse prevention during the celebration of Child Abuse Awareness Month in Texas.