Cross industry body established to promote wood
- Effort targets safety, professionalism. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal (Central New York);8/16/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p1
Reports on an educational campaign launched by the Northeast Loggers' Association (NELA), which aims to reduce the hazards of logging and introduce a higher level of professionalism in the industry. Promotion of the New York Logger certification program administered by the Empire State Forest...
- A little bit of inspiration. // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
Editorial. Comments on issues relevant to forest industries in New Zealand addressed at the 2000 conference of the Pine Manufacturers Association (PMA). Discussions on how innovation can result in added benefits for the industry; Importance of allowing employees to take on more responsibility...
- Update. // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p5
Presents news briefs related to the forestry industry in New Zealand, as of July 1999. Includes Forest Contractors Association's scheduled meeting to discuss the group's future; Crop & Food Research's study on exotic mushrooms as a secondary crop in pine forests; Wood New Zealand's visit to...
- News & Views. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Feb2003, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the launching of the Forest Industries Contractors Association's technical program on April 1. List of technical speakers to help contractors improve maintenance, support roles and machine technologies in their operations; Topics for discussion.
- Contractors on the move. Dey, Jon // New Zealand Forest Industries;Mar2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Examines the importance of an association on forestry contractors in Rotorua, New Zealand. Confidence of investors on forestry contractors; Total amount of equipment upgrades of forestry contractors; Efforts to improve company-contractor relationship.
- Global trade groups form into one voice. // Pulp & Paper;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the creation of the International Council of Forest and Paper Association (ICFPA) that would work together on lobbying forest products issues and sharing industry information. First president of the association; Countries from which the ICFPA has trade group representatives.
- The WPMA: A service-minded organization. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan99, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p70
Profiles the services for the wood products industry in the United States of the Wood Products Manufacturers Association (WPMA). Mission statement; Advertising assistance and programs; Employer legal advice; Contact information. INSETS: Why join the WPMA?;WMPA answers the call for wood working...
- FICA Notes. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Jun2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p35
Reports developments related to the forest industries as of June 2003. Invitation given to the Forest Industry Contractors Association (FICA) by the Wood Processing Strategy Group; Details on the safety management course of FICA; Announcement on the sponsors of the organization.
- Long-term Relationships Make for Stable Industry. Palmer, Harriet // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p35
Discusses the stability of Nelson and Marlborough Forest Industries Association despite the downturn in private woodlot activity of the forest industries in New Zealand. Impact of weak export prices on private woodlot harvesting of Marlborough; Sustainability of Nelson's processing and export...