SO YOU THINK YOU WANT TO BUY A BANK?
- Bank Investments Grow at 24% Clip. // National Mortgage News;9/8/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p10
Presents a report by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) regarding the growth of commercial bank investments and mortgage-backed securities in Washington as of September 08, 2003. Comments of FDIC chief economist Richard Brown on the growth of investment and mortgage backed securities;...
- Sept. release eyed for FDIC report on bank channel. Crockett, Barton // American Banker;3/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 60, p13
Reports on Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s (FDIC) aim to release the results of a massive study of bank investment sales practices on September 1, 1995. Market Trends working with the FDIC to shop for FDIC-insured banks from around the United States to determine banks' compliance with retail...
- GMAC Pressed as Liquidity Aid Eyed. // American Banker;4/15/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 71, p11
This article reports that the bank holding company General Motors Acceptance Corp. (GMAC) LLC, the former financing unit of the automobile manufacturer General Motors Corp., is seeking approval from the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) to sell its government-guaranteed debt through...
- Stop the FDIC's Crusade Against Brokered Deposits. Weinstock, Peter // Americanbanker.com;3/30/2015, p1
Not only do the FDIC's limitations on brokered deposits curtail bank earnings, they deny banks the ability to use brokered deposits to meet community lending needs.
- FDIC Wins Wider Power To Intervene. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/30/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p1
Reports on announcement of an interagency agreement by the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to intervene in banks. Objective of the agreement; Creation of a program to dedicate examiner of banking companies.
- FDIC to Issue CRA Rule, Other Proposals. Bergman, Hannah // American Banker;7/13/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 133, p20
States the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. will meet on July 19 to release final updates to community reinvestment rules, a proposal on preemption protection for state-chartered banks, and a proposed amendment to the auditor liability rules. Indication the the FDIC has been working with other...
- History and Goals of FDIC. Randall, K.A. // Banking;Jul68, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p58
Reports on the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) in the U.S. as of July 1966. Changes in the composition of bank portfolios in FDIC; Efforts of FDIC in lessening bank failures; Facts on the record of FDIC in protecting depositors.
- FDIC clarifies trust-preferred stock rule. Barancik, Scott // American Banker;2/22/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the clarification issued by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., regarding the authority of state banks to invest in trust-preferred securities. Terms of the FDIC letter to bank chief executive officers.
- Shareholders of Failed Tenn. Bank Agree to $2.6M Settlement. Broughton, Kristin // Americanbanker.com;12/11/2014, p1
Investors in the failed Tennessee Commerce Bank have reached a tentative agreement to resolve a two-year-old class action involving the bank.