LEGAL AUTOPSIES: ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF JUDGES AND LAWYERS THROUGH THE WINDOW OF LEADING CONTRACT CASES
- Court Grills Burger King on Complaint Procedure. Salcedo, Yesenia // InsideCounsel;Jan2008, Vol. 18 Issue 194, p61
The article discusses the court case EEOC v. V & J Foods Inc. On November 3, 2006, the District Court dismissed the case because Merriweather failed to follow the company's complaint procedure. However, on appeal 7th Circuit Judge Richard Posner disagreed with the lower court's reasoning and...
- The online life of judges requires prudence. Dreyer, David J. // Indiana Lawyer;10/7/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p11
The author reflects on what it means to be human in the 21st century, with the world being bound by scientific rules and devices. Topics discussed include the move of Judge Richard Posner to cite various websites in an Indiana civil rights case to reverse the summary judgment for an...
- Letters: Judging Posner. McKerall, Samuel; Longstreth, John; Smith, Christopher; McNally, James N.; Slusarz, Fran // ABA Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p1
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in the July issue of the Journal are presented, four in response to the article "An Interview with Judge Richard A. Posner" and one in response to the article "Saving the World?One Lawsuit at a Time" based on Marvel Comics superheroine She-Hulk.
- War of the Words. Brust, Richard // ABA Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p12
The article presents clippings of judicial argument between Judge Richard Posner of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals at Chicago and Supreme Court of the U.S.(SCOTUS) Justice Antonin Scalia regarding a court case Arizona v. U.S. that appeared in various newspapers.
- SEX, Economics & OTHER Legal Matters. Kurtz, Steve // Reason;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p36
Interviews Judge Richard A. Posner about issues concerning Americans. His view on being a mediator in the Microsoft Corp. case; Why Posner considers himself a libertarian; His opinion on nude dancing in private.
- The sexual outlaw. Bull, Chris // Advocate;8/23/94, Issue 661/662, p38
Examines the views of judge Richard Posner on sex and the law in the United States. Attack on the federal judiciary's treatment of sexual minorities; Rational analysis of sexuality; Funding for AIDS prevention.
- Courts Turn to Wiki- What? Eisel, Deborah // Family Advocate;Spring2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p45
The article presents information on the growing use of online collaborative encyclopedia Wikipedia by judges in the U.S. According to the article "Courts Turn to Wikipedia, but Selectively," by Noam Cohen, published in the newspaper "New York Times," Wikipedia is frequently cited by judges in...
- TEN TIPS for DEVELOPING Your CASE THEME. Vance II, Palmer Gene; Schueler, Madonna E. // GPSolo;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p9
The article offers suggestions to lawyers for developing a theme for a court case. The importance of developing a theme in conveying the client's story to the judge or jury for an attorney is discussed. Need for relating witnesses and piece of evidence to the theme is emphasized to achieve make...
- REFLECTIONS ON JUDGING. Brennan-Marquez, Kiel // Constitutional Commentary;Spring2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p257
No abstract available.