All You Need to Do is Get Involved
- ASIS International has Hallmark Year in Standards and Guidelines. Geraci, F. Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p45
The article reports on the two new American National Standards released by the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) Standards and Guidelines Commission in the U.S. in December 2008 and March 2009. In notes that ASIS had already five standards and two guidelines in various phases and...
- New AV guidelines help boost best practice. Quinn, Mike // AV Magazine;Sep/Oct2011, p19
The article offers the author's analysis on the American National Standard Institute (ANSI)/InfoComm 2M-2010 Standard Guide for Audiovisual Systems Design and Coordination Processes in Europe. He argues on the consistency of the guide to standard tasks, obligations and deliverables needed for...
- ANSI Z87.1... TINSON, RICK // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6C, p48
The article offers information on the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1 standard of interest to optical laboratory owners. Various requirements under the standard are mentioned including the need to view the completed protector, determination of the markings on the frame...
- OLA Steps Down as ASC Z80 Secretariat. // Vision Monday;9/8/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p65
The article reports that the Vision Council is the new Secretariat of the ANSI Acredited Standards Committee Z80 (ASC Z80) after the resignation of Optical Laboratories Association (OLA). With its new position, the Vision Council will be tasked to oversee the administrative operations of the...
- Untitled. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/15/93, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p20
Features the 1993 edition of the Standards catalog from the American National Standards Institute. Indexes; Subject index; Purchasing guide; Catalog cost.
- CFC conversion standard approved. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/28/95, Vol. 195 Issue 18, p4
Reports on American National Standards Institute's recognition of UL's `Standard for Safety Field Conversion-Retrofit of Products to Change to an Alternative Refrigerant-Construction and Operation.'
- International standards agreed upon. // NACD Directorship;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and its Japanese equivalent have established a common set of principles and procedures to guide the development of conformity assessment.
- Proposed ANSI ergo standard available. Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;May98, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the release of the proposed American National Standard Institute's Z365 standard, `Control of Cumulative Trauma Disorders,' while stating the standard is available for public comment. Benefits of the standard; When the comment period began; Contact information.
- Aerosol rule on burner. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the implementation of the proposed safety standards for processing empty aerosol cans by an American National Standards Institute subcommittee. Analysis of research on the aerosol-can safety issue; Focus of the group; Comments from Jack Legler, subcommittee chairman and executive...