- Clear the air. McCarthy, John J. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p44
Presents sales techniques which provide a salesperson various ways to counter price objections. Justification of the price; Providing information regarding the product; Use of testimonials; Addressing customer goals; Guiding principles of selling with regards to customer's objections. INSET:...
- Evaluation strategy doesn't measure up. Hatfield, Colin // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p7
Comments on the inefficient evaluation strategy of the marketing and exhibition industries. Typical measurement of an exhibition's success.
- Capital adjustments. Chadwick, Philip // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p33
Discusses the viability of London, England attractions as venues to host live corporate events. Information on the events organized by Fortesqueue at the London Zoo; Tourist attractions recommended; Clients that have used the London Studios as the venue for events and product launches.
- At the show... maximising impact. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p5
Presents information on maximizing the impact of products during exhibitions. Importance of the exhibition staff; Utilization of technology.
- LESSONS OF THE BRISTOL COURT RULING. Circus, Philip // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p30
Discusses the impact of the Bristol High Court decision on sales promotion in England. Case of Russell v Fulling and Page involving an instant win scratchcard campaign; Background on the case.
- DM and SP in urge to merge talents. Gofton, Ken // Marketing (00253650);11/25/99 Supplement Top 200, p15
Highlights trends affecting direct marketing and sales promotional agencies in Great Britain. Ranking of the top 25 agencies based on gross profit in 1998; Blurring of traditional distinctions between direct marketing and sales promotions; Acceptance of multi-disciplinary agencies in the Direct...
- Range of reasons to fall for the region. Carr, Howard // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p37
Features New England as a tourist destination for travelers from Great Britain. Range of activities included in the marketing plans for the year 2004; Identification of travel companies that offers various packages to the state; Percentage of tourists in the state coming from Great Britain.
- Selecting the Optimum Number of In-Class Sales Presentations. Calcich, Stephen E.; Weilbaker, Dan C. // Marketing Education Review;Spring92, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on a study which presented an experimental data from three sections of a personal selling course and tests the hypotheses concerning the optimal number of role playing presentations that are needed to maximize student sales presentation performance. Hypotheses; Results of the study;...
- Survey into Sales Promotion Media . // European Retail Digest;Autumn96, Issue 12, p55
Presents information on a study conducted by a EuroHandelsInstitut working group on sales promotions. Criteria used in grading each single promotional instrument; Use of new media in sales promotions; Sources of funds for sales promotions.