Allure of the South
- France presents its travel spectacular with style. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;2/26/96 Supplement Europe, Vol. 278 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on the French Travel Spectacular, an exhibition scheduled to be held in late January, 1997. Venue; Number of exhibitors expected to participate; What the exhibition entails; Estimated incentive business from the United States; Comments from Jacques Caradec, director of the Business...
- Strategy for success. Cogswell, David // Travel Agent;4/22/96, Vol. 279 Issue 8, p69
Reports on the success of TourExpo '96 which was held in San Francisco on March 29-31, 1996. Event sponsored by Travel Agent and the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA); Number of travel agents who attended show; Comments from Arthur Tauck, president of Tauck Tours; Types of...
- ON THE AGENDA. Coleman, Jennifer // Travel Agent;10/23/2000, Vol. 301 Issue 9, p40
Reports on developments related to the travel industry as of October 23, 2000. Workshops and seminars; Trade shows.
- A Roaring Success. Arellano, Luisa Esquiroz // Travel Agent;05/14/2001, Vol. 304 Issue 2, p92
Highlights the 2001 Tianguis, held April 22 to 26 in Acapulco, Mexico. Role of Tianguis in the commercial cycle of the tourism industry; Number of participants at the event; Focus of business deals at this year's Tianguis; Details concerning Tianguis negotiations involving additional...
- News Update. // Travel Agent;05/14/2001, Vol. 304 Issue 2, p114
Announces the schedule for the 2001 Expotur, an exposition of travel industry suppliers and buyers in Costa Rica.
- Atlanta displays new traveler info system. // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p14
Announces the Traveler Information Show, scheduled to take place in Atlanta, Georgia, in June 1996. Introduction of the traveler information system; Components of the Transportation Management System; How volunteers will use hand-held computers with wireless links to the system; Why Atlanta was...
- Up and Down the Isles. Sternthal, Erin Frances // Travel Agent;5/20/2002 Caribbean Supplement, Vol. 308 Issue 5, p1
Reports on developments in the travel industry in West Indies as of May 2002. Details on the Saint Maarten/Saint Martin Annual Regional Trade show; Information on great vacation package offer of industry veterans Eric and Liz Aversa; Features of agent specialist program from Saint Maarten.
- Sunshine State Update. Medina, Kerry // Travel Agent;6/10/2002 Florida, Vol. 308 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the discussion of industry leaders on the tourist trade during the Florida Huddle exhibition. Number of participating delegates; Objective of the trade show; Role of travel professionals to travelers.
- Assisting Agents. Holly, Tricia A. // Travel Agent;10/28/2002, Vol. 310 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the exhibition of travel product and services at the 73rd World Trade Congress of the Association of Sales Travel Agents in Honolulu, Hawaii. Trip cancellation coverage by Access America; Sponsorship of American Express for the auction of a Hawaiian landscape oil painting; Features...