Miner on The Move
- Banpu Plans US$120 Million in Foreign Investments. // Coal Age;Apr2007, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the plan of Banpu to expand its coal mines in Indonesia and its power business in China with a combined investment of US$110 million in 2008. Of this amount, $60 million will be spent on expanding its power business in China and $50 million will go toward buying coal...
- PEABODY DOUBLES QUARTERLY EARNINGS. // Coal Age;Dec2004, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the financial performance of coal company Peabody Energy in the third quarter of 2004. Net income of the company for the quarter ended September 30, 2004; Factors that contributed to the higher earnings of Peabody; Plan of the company to change operations from longwall to continuous...
- BLACK GOLD. Thomson, James // BRW;6/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p50
Highlights business and economic opportunities for the coal mining industry in Queensland in 2005. Growth and increases in profits and business operations; Market and economic indicators; Business operations and financial performance of mining companies.
- Key Facts. // RAG Aktiengesellschaft SWOT Analysis;May 2004, p4
Presents key facts about Essen, Germany-based RAG Aktiengesellschaft, a privately held company, which is primarily into coal mining and energy generation. Address and contact information; Revenues and financial year end data; Number of employees; SIC and NAICS codes.
- Wescoal final results March 2013, gross profit rose to R 72.7 million. // World Mining News;6/24/2013, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of the coal mining company Wescoal for the period ended March 31, 2013.
- Key Facts. // Arch Coal, Inc. SWOT Analysis;May2007, p4
Key facts about Arch Coal Inc., one of the world's largest coal companies and a producer of low-sulfur coal, are presented. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data and number of employees. Information on market tickers is also supplied.
- Key Facts. // Peter Kiewit Sons', Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2006, p4
Key facts about Omaha, Nebraska-based Peter Kiewit Sons' Inc., which is an employee-owned privately-held company engaged in the construction and coal mining business, are presented. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data and number of...
- Wesfarmers, Ltd. SWOT Analysis. // Wesfarmers, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2005, p1
Presents an overview of Wesfarmers Ltd., Perth, Australia-based diversified company engaged in coal mining, gas processing, and retailing of home and garden improvement products. Company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year 2004, services provided, and principal businesses; Key...
- SWOT Analysis. // Wesfarmers, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Wesfarmers Ltd., Perth, Australia-based diversified company engaged in coal mining, gas processing, and retailing of home and garden improvement products, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths,...