Miner on The Move
- Banpu Plans US$120 Million in Foreign Investments. // Coal Age;Apr2007, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the plan of Banpu to expand its coal mines in Indonesia and its power business in China with a combined investment of US$110 million in 2008. Of this amount, $60 million will be spent on expanding its power business in China and $50 million will go toward buying coal...
- PEABODY DOUBLES QUARTERLY EARNINGS. // Coal Age;Dec2004, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the financial performance of coal company Peabody Energy in the third quarter of 2004. Net income of the company for the quarter ended September 30, 2004; Factors that contributed to the higher earnings of Peabody; Plan of the company to change operations from longwall to continuous...
- BLACK GOLD. Thomson, James // BRW;6/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p50
Highlights business and economic opportunities for the coal mining industry in Queensland in 2005. Growth and increases in profits and business operations; Market and economic indicators; Business operations and financial performance of mining companies.
- Key Facts. // RAG Aktiengesellschaft SWOT Analysis;May 2004, p4
Presents key facts about Essen, Germany-based RAG Aktiengesellschaft, a privately held company, which is primarily into coal mining and energy generation. Address and contact information; Revenues and financial year end data; Number of employees; SIC and NAICS codes.
- Wescoal final results March 2013, gross profit rose to R 72.7 million. // World Mining News;6/24/2013, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of the coal mining company Wescoal for the period ended March 31, 2013.
- Arch Coal, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Arch Coal, Inc. SWOT Analysis;May2007, p1
A company profile of Arch Coal Inc., one of the world's largest coal companies and a producer of low-sulfur coal, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes...
- SWOT Analysis. // Arch Coal, Inc. SWOT Analysis;May2007, p5
A business analysis of Arch Coal Inc., one of the world's largest coal companies and a producer of low-sulfur coal, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include improving profitably and returns. Weaknesses include...
- Company Overview. // Peter Kiewit Sons', Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2006, p4
An overview of Omaha, Nebraska-based Peter Kiewit Sons' Inc., which is an employee-owned privately-held company engaged in the construction and coal mining business, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2005, as well as principal business offered, including the...
- Company Overview. // Peter Kiewit Sons', Inc. SWOT Analysis;Aug2007, p4
An overview of Peter Kiewit Sons' Inc., an employee-owned privately-held heavy construction company, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2006 , as well as principal business offered, including construction and coal mining.