Winds of Change
- EFT Group signs deal for landmark power project. // Modern Power Systems;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the move of EFT Group PLC to award a contract to Dongfang Electric Corp. for the construction of the Stanari power project that marks the first Chinese entry into the European power market.
- Dongfang and Siemens join forces. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the signing of a joint manufacturing contract for the construction of steam turbines between Chinese manufacturer Dongfang Steam Turbine Works of Deyang and German firm Siemens for the Chinese market. Provision of fabrication technology and training services by Siemens.
- Chinese generators. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the signing of a contract between Iran and Chinese firm Dongfang Electric Corp. with regard to the latter's supplying of power generators to be delivered at Iran's Power Plant and Projects Management Corp.
- Pakistan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/20/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p35
Reports that Pakistan Water & Power Development Authority has signed a construction contract for the Ghazi Barotha hydroelectronic project and has selected a preferred bidder for the supply of the turbines. China's Dongfang Electric Corp.'s contract for the construction; Austria's Voith to...
- IN BRIEF. // Power Economics;10/18/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p3
Reports on global development involving companies in the energy industries as of October 2004. Signing of an agreement with Alstom SA by China's largest manufacturer of generating equipment Dongfang Electric Corp.; Attempt of Shell and its partner, the U.S. power contractor and building firm...
- China emerges as a key player. Verma, Raghavendra // Modern Power Systems;Mar2009, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on the emergence of Chinese energy-based companies in the Indian energy market in 2009 in India. It states that since 2006 Chinese competitors, including Dongfang Electric Corp., Shanghai Electric Power Co. Ltd. have joined other local and international energy-based...
- SHANGHAI RADIO TUNES INTO ENGLISH LINGO. Jones, Arthur // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the decision of the Chinese government to lift the ban on foreign radio presenters. Information on the first dedicated news slot run by a foreigner; Terms of the lifting of the ban; Significance of the merger of Shanghai Radio and Dongfang Radio.
- Sichuan Gusto. Mertens, Brian // Forbes Asia;Fall2010 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p100
The article presents information on manufacturer of power-generation equipment Dongfang Electric Corp. which is based in Changdu, Sichuan Sheng, China. It states that the company is among China's top three producers, and globally ranks seventh in receiving orders for the production of...
- Polysilicon Project News. // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2009 Petrochemical Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 11A, p15
The article offers news briefs on various polysilicon projects in China. Zhejiang ProPower Silicon Co. Ltd. has launched a solar-grade polysilicon project in Shangyu of Zhejiang province. Dongfang Electric Corp. announced the first phase 1500 tons/annum (t/a) solar-grade polysilicon project,...