- Will Sybase lock into better times? Taschek, John // PC Week;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p66
Comments on Sybase in 1997. The relationship between Sybase and SAP AG; Sybase's rejection of SAP's proposal to add row-level locking to its SQL Server; Why SAP did not modify its R/3 software to work with Sybase; Developments made by Sybase which put it at the front of the database vendors.
- SAP, Sybase Mobility Plans Rely on Channel Muscle. Nurik, Leah Gabriel // Channel Insider;8/9/2010, p1
The article reports on the plan of SAP AG and Sybase Inc. to rely on channel partnerships for mobile enterprise. It mentions that the announcement of SAP and Sybase regarding their plan directs on their purpose for enterprise mobility domination. Meanwhile, Willie Jow, vice president of Mobility...
- SAP IN SMARTPHONE MOVE. Sukhraj, Penny // Accountancy;Jun2010, Vol. 145 Issue 1402, p8
The article reports that SAP plans to takeover mobile software developer Sybase with its 5.8 billion U.S. dollar bid.
- SAP'S SURPRISING SPRING. Martinez, Juan // CRM Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p13
The article focuses on the acquisition of mobile software provider Sybase Inc. by the German software giant SAP AG. It notes that the Sybase deal have turned out to be SAP's cornerstone of the strategies they would release on their annual user conference called "Sapphire Now." It also states...
- Kertzman exits Sybase for NCI. Cornetto, Jon // InfoWorld;11/09/98, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p14
Details the plan of Sybase Inc. president and chief executive officer John Chen to steer the company more toward mobile and embedded computing. Resignation of chairman Mitchell Kertzman; Partnership with Qualcomm to provide software for mobile services; Availability of Sybase's small-footprint...
- SAP's New Role--Playing Catch-Up. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p39
Focuses on the enterprise resource planning of SAP company. Views of the analysts on the company; Competitors of SAP; How mySAP extends R/3 system onto the Internet; Partnerships with software suppliers and services announced by SAP.
- SAP builds on ERP dominance. Holt, Stannie // InfoWorld;09/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on SAP's mySAP.com strategy. What the mySAP.com includes; Comments from Richard Krueger of the SAP Center of Excellence at Pharmacia & Upjohn on the strategy; Information on mySAP.com applications and portals; Challenges faced by the company as it tries to adapt the code base of its...
- NEW FOCUS. Bartholomew, Doug; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;09/18/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the role of chief executive officer John S. Chen at Sybase Inc. Contribution to the company's success in mobile and database market; Revenues of the company in 1999; Remarks on the company's headquarters building in California.
- Kertzman moves to NCI. // PC Week;11/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p6
Reports that John Chen was named chairman of the board at Sybase company. Background information on Chen.