- Former People's Daily Deputy Chief Editor Criticizes Media Control. // Chinascope;Mar/Apr2016, Issue 80, p24
The article reports that the Hong Kong publication "Phoenix" has published an article criticizing mainland China's treatment of the country's mass media. Topics discussed include the article's assertion that protecting the freedom of expression rights of the Chinese people will help the country...
- Shooting the messengers. // Editor & Publisher;04/03/99, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p20
Comments on the Yugoslavian government's expulsion of foreign journalists covering the war. Speculation on Yugoslavian President Slobodan Milosevic's role in the deaths of Kosovo Albanian editor Baton Haxhiu and writers for the `Koha Ditore' newspaper; Documentation of Yugoslavia's reign of...
- 2. A clash of cultures for foreign correspondents. Masterton, Murray // Pacific Journalism Review;May2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
When the author of this commentary was teaching or consulting-but not 'foreign correspondensing'-in Malaysia, Singapore and later India, as he was in the early and mid-1990s?he met and spoke with many journalists who were employed as correspondents to report on events in those countries for...
- THE HERMIT REPUBLIC? // Editor & Publisher;Sep2004, Vol. 137 Issue 9, p20
Discusses a policy issued by the U.S. State Department which closes its domestic reissuance service for the visas of foreign journalists, as of September 2004. Criticisms against the attitude of the U.S. towards freedom of the press; Implications of the policy for U.S. reporters working abroad;...
- Constructing Communist Party Organs in Private Enterprises. // Chinascope;Mar/Apr2008, p41
An excerpt from the article "Let the Construction of the (Chinese Communist) Party in Private Enterprises Take Root, Flourish, and Bear Fruits," published in the "Quishi Magazine."
- Qiu Shi: Take the Initiative in the Ideological Battlefield. // Chinascope;Nov/Dec2013, Issue 66, p16
A review of the article "Take the Initiative in the Ideological Battlefield" which appeared in the October 23, 2013 issue of "Qiushi" is presented.
- Readers respond: Vancouver's future wedded to the Chinese Communist Party. // Asian Pacific Post;8/27/2015, p8
The article presents the views of readers on the 2015 article that highlights the dependence of the future of Vancouver, British Columbia on the health of the Chinese Communist Party.
- IN LOVE WITH IDEALS. SAHAY, NEHA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/3/2015, p8
The article offers information on XX, who recently joined the Chinese Communist Party in 2015.
- China's ruling group raises its strength to 78 million. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p36
The article reports on the increased number of party members of the Communist Party of China (CPC), estimated about 116 times the figure in 1949 when the People's Republic of China was founded.