Forbes 10 YEARS IN ASIA
- Ambev Hits Market with Structured PRI Deal. Corrigan, Colleen // Private Placement Letter;12/3/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p3
Reports that Brazil-based beer brewer Companhia de Bebidas das Americas is issuing a structured corporate deal backed by a political risk insurance policy. Expected closure of the deal; Reserve fund intended to protect the company against the risk of expropriation of its funds.
- Interbrew cleared for Brazilian brewery acquisition. C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;8/23/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p14
Reports on Interbrew's plan to acquire Cia. De Debidas das Americas.
- Ambev Extends LatAm Reach. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p7
Reveals the expansion plans of AmBev into the markets of Peru and Guatemala. Value of the company's investment plans in a plant in Guatemala; Expansion strategy adopted by AmBev; Market share of the company in Argentina and Venezuela.
- Beverages Battleground In Peru. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the competition between Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) and Bavaria in the Peruvian beverages market. Increase in the net profits of Bavaria; Plan of AmBev to invest in Peru in 2004; Efforts of AmBev to prevent Bavaria from consolidating its hold over the Andean region.
- Brazilian regulators may hit AmBev with heavy fine. // Modern Brewery Age;7/21/2009, Vol. 60 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the possible fine to be levied against Cia. de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) for alleged anticompetitive practices dating back to 2004 by Brazil's antitrust regulator.
- Brazil Tax Evasion Prevention System Draws Curious Foreigners. Daniel, Isaura // Brazzil Mag;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports that a group of six people from the Moroccan tax collection agency is visiting Brzail to know about the anti-evasion system implemented by the Brazilian Federal Revenue. Americas Beverage Co.'s (AmBev) plant was visited by the group in March 2010 to take a close look at the...
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/21/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p40
The article presents news items related to restaurants worldwide as of May 21, 2007, including a question on a movie which features a restaurant prominently. The Brazilian brewer Ambev was ordered by a court to pay a beer taster who turned into an alcoholic due to his work of tasting beer. The...
- IN BRIEF. // Beverage World;10/15/2010, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p4
This section offers news briefs on the beverage industry, including the plan of Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) and Cerveceria Regional to merge their interests in Venezuela and the announcement of food company NestlÃ© of its plan to buy a majority stake in Guatemalan food and...
- QUENCHING A THIRST FOR PROFITS. Peters, Gretchen; Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on the increase in sales of the beer and beverage business in 2001. Annual growth target in Mexico; Background information on Companhia de Bebidas das Americas; Factors contributing to growing sales.