- GenOn Sells $1.2B in HY for M&A. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p38
The article reports on a bond offering issued by GenOn Energy for an acquisition deal between Mirant and RRI Energy.
- Banks Launch $1.4B GenOn HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
This article announces the launch by banks of a road show for GenOn Energy's 1.4 billion U.S. dollar bond offering on September 27, 2010.
- Today's Transactions: NRG Energy Combines With GenOn for $1.7B. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/30/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on a 1.7 billion U.S. dollar merger announced by NRG Energy Inc. with GenOn Energy Inc. on July 22, 2012.
- NRG moves ahead on GenOn takeover bid. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;10/15/2012, p2
The article reports on the move by NRG Energy Inc. to advance its takeover bid of GenOn Energy Inc. for 1.7 billion dollars, which is subject to shareholders' approval.
- Plant Responsible for Toxic Plume to Close. Bennett, Tracey Gold // Washington Informer;9/8/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 96, p12
The article reports on the permanent closure of GenOn Corp. plant, a coal-fired electric generating plant which is also known as Potomac River Generating Station, for the toxic plume that hovers in Alexandria, Virginia on October 1, 2012.
- $1.7 billion acquisition not a sign NRG is abandoning N.J. Eder, Katie // njbiz;7/30/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p8
The article reports that the acquisition of energy supply company NRG Energy of energy producer GenOn Energy Inc. for 1.7 billion dollars is seen by NRG as a means to expand its wholesale electricity market and pave the way to more retail expansions in the Northeast, including New Jersey.
- GenOn Repricing Loan Yanked. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p8
The article focuses on the withdrawal of JPMorgan as underwriter of a 698 million U.S. dollar term loan B for Houston, Texas-based energy provider GenOn Energy.
- Increasing Generation Ramp Rate at Morgantown Generating Station's Coal-Fired Units. Andrasik, Donald; McNulty, John; Gay, John; Labbe, Don // Power;Feb2011, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p30
The article informs about units 1 and 2 of GenOn Energy Inc.'s Morgantown Generating Station. It has been stated that both of them were split-furnace 630-MW coal-fired units in 1970s. It has been stated that in 1994, units were retrofitted with the original equipment manufacture's Low NO[subx]...
- Corrosion Control Coatings for FGD Systems. Sullivan, Ed // Power Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses issues concerning corrosion in fluegas desulfurization (FGD) systems. The corrosion problems experienced by GenOn Energy's Cheswick coal-fired plant located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is mentioned. KCC Corrosion Control chief executive officer (CEO) Thomas Priest, talks...