A high price to pay?
- Rocky road ahead for mayor's traffic plans. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/1/2002, p13
Reports on the plans of London, England Mayor Ken Livingstone to introduce a congestion charge to address the city's traffic problems. Details of the charge; Implications for motorists.
- The road less travelled. Wolmar, Christian // Public Finance;7/04/2003, p20
Focuses on the success of the local government of London, England to reduce traffic levels through its road pricing scheme. Outline of the government's congestion charging system; Wide acceptance for the system; Plans of other local governments to adopt the scheme; Other schemes being...
- Lack of market research gives Congestion Charge no chance. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);1/30/2003, p16
Focuses on the introduction of Congestion Charge by Mayor of London Ken Livingstone and Transport for London to check traffic conditions in London, England. Penalties introduced for vehicles entering into congestion charge area; Doubts over the impact of implementation of the charge; Expected...
- Congestion charge hurts business, say London operators. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/19/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4311, p7
Talks about the possible effect of congestion charge on the majority of leisure businesses in congestion charging zone in London, England. Information on the result of a survey conducted by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors on the effects of the scheme; Announcement of London Mayor...
- Charge set to change. // Motor Transport;1/22/2004, p3
Reports on the extension of traffic congestion charge fleet scheme in London, England. Consultation to be done by Mayor Ken Livingstone on reducing the threshold to ten vehicles.
- Mayor for London Ken Livingstone's road congestion charge. // Estates Gazette;3/30/2002, Issue 213, p38
Presents several criticisms on the proposed congestion toll charges of Mayor Ken Livingstone of London, England in March 2002. Suggestions of boycotting the roads of London; Need for alternatives for the proposed toll charges.
- NEWS THAT'S REUSED. // Environmental Forum;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p21
The article offers environmental news brief from around the world. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the U. S. Lost over half a million wetlands acres in six years. The Washington Post reports that the mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, chided American Ambassador Robert Holmes for refusing to...
- TRANSPORT. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
The article offers news briefs in the transportation industry. The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has called on London Mayor Ken Livingstone to exempt trucks from being charged when the Congestion Charging Zone is extended in February. Specialist converter Snoeks is now offering double-cab...
- Will congestion charging get stuck in a jam? Day, Karen // Public Finance;03/16/2001, p12
Focuses on London, England Mayor Ken Livingstone's pledge to reduce traffic by charging motorists to drive through central London. Tool for raising funds to improve public transport; Best election aid for the Conservatives in years; Concept for congestion charging.