ENDANGERING THE ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS V. DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE AND ITS THREAT TO THE SURVIVAL OF ENDANGERED SPECIES PROTECTION
- Reexamining What We Stand to Lose: A Look at Reinitiated Consultation Under the Endangered Species Act. KANATAS, CATHERINE E.; SMITH, MAXWELL C. // Pace Environmental Law Review;Winter2015, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p225
The article discusses reinitiation of consultation under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in the U.S. Topic discussed includes the role of reinitiated consultation in enlisting of a species under the ESA within the U.S. Congress' statutory framework, procedure for listing a species under the...
- HOUSE PASSES PLAN TO MODIFY ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;8/14/2014, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House has passed a legislation that would modify the Endangered Species Act (ESA), H.R. 4315, or the Endangered Species Transparency and Reasonableness Act with a vote of 233-190.
- The Endangered Species Act: It's time for reasoned reform. Marsh, Christian // Trends (15339556);May/Jun2009, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p12
in this article the author discusses the need of reform the Endangered Species Act of the U.S. The author says the ESA, originally enacted in 1973, has its last major reform in 1982. He says since the early 1990s, partisan politics has stymied every effort to employ even modest reform, and the...
- Political influence on historical ESA listings by state: a count data analysis. Harllee, Bonnie; Kim, Myungsup; Nieswiadomy, Michael // Public Choice;Jul2009, Vol. 140 Issue 1/2, p21
We use count data analysis to examine the influence that a stateâ€™s congressional subcommittee representation (with oversight of the US Fish and Wildlife Service) has on the number of species that are added to the Endangered Species Act (ESA) list in each state each year...
- Part III: Department of the Interior. // Federal Register;8/29/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 168, p53537
The article discusses the proposed rule of the Fish and Wildlife Services in the U.S. which designates a critical habitat for the Oregon spotted frog under the Endangered Species Act. It states that the proposal designates 14 units as vital habitat for the frog including Lower Chilliwack River,...
- THE COMMISSIONER. Leitschuh, Ben // Planning;Jun2016, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p41
The article reports on the Habitat Conservation Plan designed under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) of 1973 in the U.S.
- Endangered Species. Dunec, JoAnne L. // Natural Resources & Environment;Spring2016, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p61
The article reviews the article "Is the Endangered Species Act Constitutional? How the Utah Prairie Dog Case May Impact California," by Eric Biber and Elise O'Dea published in a 2015 issue of the periodical Environmental Law News, which discusses the application of the U.S. Endangered Species Act.
- The Living Dead: Why One Species' Interference With Development May Undermine the Entire Endangered Species Act. Chalek, Melissa // Roger Williams University Law Review;Spring2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p79
The article focuses on the proposal of a flawed legislation Discredit Eternal Listing Inequality of Species Takings Act (DELIST Act), which has harmful effects on the Endangered Species Act (ESA) of the U.S. It analyzes the shortcomings and the drawbacks of the proposed DELIST Act on the...
- FOX DESCRIBES POOR ESA WORK. // Panel World;Sep2012, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p53
The article details the statement made by Tom Fox, president of Family Forest Foundation, regarding the poor performance of Endangered Species Act.