ON ACCOUNT OF RACE OR COLOR: RACE AS CORPORATION AND THE ORIGINAL UNDERSTANDING OF RACE
- GRAPH EXERCISE. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);1/21/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p5
Reports the equality of justice in the U.S. Occurrence of racial discrimination in justice; Evaluation of punishment based on crimes; Percentage of white and Africa-American teens granted with probation.
- REPUBLICANS, DEMOCRATS AND RACE. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);2/21/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 10, pT3
Presents a lesson plan on the role of political parties in the evolution of race relation in the U.S. Origin of the Democratic and Republican Party; Influence of historic events on people's values for generations; Violation of the equal protection of the law and the right to vote clause in...
- Race-Conscious Grand Juror Selection: The Equal Protection Clause and Strict Scrutiny. Albritton, Eric M. // American Journal of Criminal Law;Fall2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p175
Focuses on the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment in the U.S. which prohibits discrimination based on race and ethnicity in the selection of state grand jurors. Definition of discrimination; Role played by race in the judicial process; Factors that determine whether a...
- Candidates and Corporations. Stewart, David O. // ABA Journal;Jun90, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p40
Reports on a U.S. Supreme Court case regarding the protection of corporations by the equal-protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Policy implications on corporation law and the justice system.
- dehumanization. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p593
A definition of the term "dehumanization," which refers to loss of human qualities, is presented.
- idiosyncrasy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1149
A definition of the term "idiosyncrasy," which refers to special characteristics by which persons differ from each other, is presented.
- modal personality. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1480
A definition of the term "modal personality," which refers to the personality traits or characteristics typical of the society in which a person resides, is presented.
- acquired character:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p8
A definition of the term "acquired character" is presented, which refers to a nonheritable modification of structures or functions impressed on an individual by environmental influences.
- blending inheritance:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p60
A definition of the term "blending inheritance," which refers to the inheritance in which the characters of parents appear to blend into an intermediate level in the offspring with no apparent segregation in later generations, is presented.