Dealing With Laterals: Abundant Challenges
- Arkansas Contractor Takes On Collapsed Sewer Job In Industrial Park. // Underground Construction;Jan2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on the construction project taken by Gastony Directional Boring Inc. to rehabilitate the collapsed sewer in Van Buren, Arkansas. The collapsed pipeline is an old clay sewer line which is about 60 feet under the industrial park and had formed a huge hole at the intersection of...
- Granite City requests more cash for sewer fixes. // Granite City Press-Record;8/7/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 63, pA5
The article reports that the sewer lines in Granite City would be repaired with 9 million dollar loan ordinance as the system is costing more to maintain and it would take an year to repair and there would be raise in cost of sewer bills marginally to pay off the loan.
- Le Â« goal programming Â» pour l'optimisation de la planification de la rÃ©habilitation des rÃ©seaux d'Ã©gout. Ben Tagherouit, Wided; Bennis, Saad // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Feb2012, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p223
Sewer rehabilitation planning is a complex problem that needs the development of some tools that facilitate the integration of many factors and parameters influencing the status of sewer pipes. Generally only the structural aspects are considered in the rehabilitation planning and sewer...
- How to Locate Broken Sewer Lines Under Slabs. Pinto, Larry // Pest Control;Nov2000, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p18
Offers advice to plumbers on how to locate broken sewer lines under a slab. Causes of sewer breaks; Indications that there is a sewer break under a slab; Advantages of video inspection; Using a smoke generator and a blower to fill sewer lines with a dense, non-toxic smoke.
- Green Goes UNDERGROUND. Neumann, Mark // Pollution Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses the implications of spiral-wound pipe rehabilitation process in the U.S. According to the author, the technology is the first innovative, green and cost effective solution capable of providing a full level of hydraulic capacity and is applicable in a gravity-flow sanitary...
- Jetter-Vacuums Prove Effective In Cleaning Sewer Lines. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2003, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p62
Reports on the effectiveness of jetter vacuum in cleaning sewer lines. Reduction of the overall cost to maintain a sewer system; Effective way of removing debris from the sides of sewer pipe; Availability of jetters and combination jetter-vacuum models as self-contained trailer units. INSETS:...
- Mining tool finds buried utilities at redeveloping weapons... Phair, Matthew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/17/98, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p24
Discusses how contractor Lockheed Martin Corp. managed a sewer upgrade that is part of a major redevelopment of the Y-12 sector of the nuclear weapons production complex in Tennessee. Information on the pipe bursting method; How the technology works; First application of the technology.
- Cast mortar liner rehabilitates pipe. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jan2013, p52
A case study of erosion in a metal pipe installed in San Diego, California is presented which discusses the method to repair pipes for enhanced usage.
- Fiberglass pipe repairs sewer. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jan2013, p53
A case study of a 70 foot-deep sinkhole west of a sidewalk in Brooklyn, New York is presented which discusses its repair and maintenance work.