Things to See and Do in Houston
- The Top 5 Gay Getaways for 2009. // Echelon Intel;6/25/2009, p9
A list of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) vacation destinations in the U.S. is presented which includes South Beach in Florida, Rehoboth Beach in Delaware and Asheville in North Carolina.
- DESTINATION: KAUAI. Ford, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p41
The article presents several tourist destinations in Kauai, Hawaii. Niihau Safaris, Silver Falls Ranch, and Savage Pearls are best places to enjoy nature related activities including boar stalking and nature tripping. The Princeville Resort and Waimea Plantation Cottages provides a place to...
- Optional Tours 2010 NATIONAL CONVENTION. // Officer Review Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on tourist attractions in El Paso, Texas including the Butterfield Trail Golf Club, Cattleman's Steakhouse, and the Ysleta and Socorro Missions.
- A different view of San Francisco. // Travel Trade;3/22/2006, p12
The article reports that Australian Pacific Travel Marketing Services (APTMS) has released a series of optional Gray Line half-day and full-day tours that take in the highlights of San Francisco, California. APTMS represents Scenic Airlines for aerial sightseeing tours, Coach USA for luxury...
- Walks on the Wild Side. Ramani, Sandra // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p9
The article offers travel tips for several national parks in the U.S. including the Glacier National Park in Montana, the Virgin Islands National Park, and the Everglades National Park in Florida.
- Why I Love Lake Champlain. Hoyt, Murray // Saturday Evening Post;2/28/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 35, p32
Features touring opportunities at Lake Champlain in New York. Scenery of the place; Suitability of the place for vacationers; Historical significance of the place; Consideration of fishing as the number one attraction for city people.
- Five of the liveliest. Bayes, Robin // Travel Weekly Australia;1/11/2008, Issue 79, p12
The article lists the top five tourist destinations for 2008 which includes United Arab Emirates, Croatia, and India.
- Slovenia: Europe's Next Hot Destination. Butcher, Dan // Travel Agent;3/26/2007, Vol. 329 Issue 2, p36
The article provides information on the next hot tourist spot in Europe. It states that hot destinations in Slovenia would help increase the number of tourist arrivals in Europe. Among the attractive places in Slovenia are Ljubljana where plenty of cultural events and beautiful churches are...
- An Oasis of Comfort at: Le Meridien Pyramids. Schultz, Mary Ellen // Travel Agent;3/26/2007, Vol. 329 Issue 2, p38
The article features the hotel Le Meridien Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt. Le Meridien Pyramids as surrounded by luxuriant gardens and an expansive swimming pool complex feels like a secret urban oasis. It comprises of 546 comfortably elegant rooms, suites and cabanas with warm and muted tone decor...
- endless possibilities. // Travel Agent;12/10/2007 Africa Travel Planner, Vol. 332, p2
The article reports that Africa is considered as the world's second-largest and second most-populous continent that offers a leisure travel of all kinds. It was mentioned that the Africa Travel Association (ATA) promotes travel to and within Africa as a means to promote socio-economic...