CHIEF JUDGE JONATHAN LIPPMAN: A NEW ERA
- THE DISTINCTIVENESS OF APPELLATE ADJUDICATION. FELDMAN, HEIDI LI // Washington University Jurisprudence Review;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p61
This Article concerns two topics that, I hope to show, are vitally connected. One is the distinctive importance of appellate adjudication in the legal system of United States. The other is the working of entangled concepts in the law. This Article argues that courts engineer entangled legal...
- The Economics of the Restatement and of the Common Law. Hylton, Keith N. // Brooklyn Law Review;Winter2014, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p595
The article discusses the economic aspects associated with various Restatement of the Law treatises and America's common law as of January 2014, focusing on welfare maximization and economic efficiency in relation to the process utilized to create a Restatement of the Law. Former U.S. Supreme...
- Developments in Accountants' Liability to Nonclients for Negligence. Gormley, R. James // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer88, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p185
The article discusses the developments in the liability of accountants to non-clients for negligence in the U.S. in 1988. Accountants and other skilled professionals have always bee liable at common law to their clients for losses resulting from professional negligence. The extent to which...
- Justice Cardozo: The Great Tradition. Hamilton, Walton // New Republic;7/27/38, Vol. 95 Issue 1234, p328
Profiles American jurist and associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Nathan Cardozo. Appearance of Cardozo upon the judicial scene; Direction of Cardozo in the Court of Appeals; Distinction of Cardozo.
- The Growth of the Law (Book). Kidd, A. M. // California Law Review;Jan1925, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p188
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The Growth of the Law,' by Benjamin N. Cardozo.
- Records fall at New Balance. // New York Amsterdam News;1/24/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p39
The article presents information on the 13th running of the New Balance Games, held in New York City. It was highlighted by the 500m duel between a pair of seniors, Chanelle Price from Easton, Pennsylvania and Dalilah Muhammad from Benjamin Cardozo High School in Queens. Robby Andrews, the...
- CARDOZO, BENJAMIN. Urofsky, Melvin I. // Reader's Companion to American History;1991, p145
The article profiles Benjamin Cardozo, associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. In his six terms as associate justice, he showed promise of becoming one of the Court's great justices. In the case Palko v. Connecticut, Cardozo argued that not all the assurance of the first eight amendments...
- Benjamin Cardozo: A Judge Most Eminent. Bernick, Michael // American Bar Association Journal;May79, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p718
Features Benjamin Nathan Cardozo, considered a judge most eminent in the United States. Early career; Examination of what lies behind Cardozo's influence and 'greatness'; Literary style.
- Law and Literature and other essays and addresses. Gorfinkel, John A. // California Law Review;Sep31, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p653
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Law and Literature and Other Essays and Addresses,' by Benjamin N. Cardozo.