TOWARD THE LIPPMAN COURT: FLUX AND TRANSITION AT NEW YORK'S COURT OF APPEALS
- Lead jurists say New York judges are underpaid. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;12/8/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 50, p16
The article reports that in a stern argument to increase pay for jurists on New York benches, Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye recently called on the state's governor and the legislature to abate the crisis of inequitable compensation that presently exists in the state, according to a statement...
- Kaye appoints commission to study court restructuring. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 59, p1
The article reports on the appointment of a panel by Chief Judge Judith Kaye that is tasked to restructure the trial court system in New York. Lawyer Carey Dunne has been appointed as chairperson of the Special Commission on the Future of the New York State Courts. Kaye stated that the courts...
- Expense allowance for NY judges doubled, now $10K. Virtanen, Michael // Buffalo Law Journal;11/2/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 88, p4
The article reports on the special compensation allowance set by New York Chief Judge Honorable Jonathan Lippman for the state's judges working an 11th straight year without salary increase. It states that Judge Judith Kaye had set 5,000 dollars for these lawyers in 2008, which would suppose to...
- Court system plans reforms to improve, help local courts. Sokolowski, Jodi // Buffalo Law Journal;11/27/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 95, p1
The article reports on the action plan for the justice courts made by the New York State Unified Court System. The program will enhance the efficiency of 1,300 courts in the U.S. Chief Judge Judith Kaye says that the four areas of the court system's focus will be on training for judges and...
- N.Y. Courts Offer Mortgage Program. // American Banker;6/19/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 118, p20
The article reports that New York State plans to begin sending legal and mortgage counseling information to people who are defaulting on their mortgages. Judith S. Kaye, Chief Judge of New York, made the decision. The New York State Unified Court System hopes that the information will help...
- INTRODUCTION TO THE HONORABLE HUGH R. JONES SIXTH MEMORIAL LECTURE. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p453
The article presents the text of a speech by Judith S. Kaye, Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York, delivered during the Sixth Annual Honorable Hugh R. Jones Lecture at the Dean Alexander Moot Courtroom in Albany Law School, in New York, October 17, 2007, in which she...
- Fair & Impartial? Kaye, Judith S. // State News (Council of State Governments);Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p20
The article presents an excerpt from the speech of Judith S. Kaye, retired chief judge of the New York Court of Appeals, that was delivered at the American Bar Association convention in Chicago, Illinois on August 1, 2009.
- Judith Kaye. Averbuch, Gloria; Smith, Walter // Runner's World;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p46
Features Judith Kaye, a 58 year-old runner from New York City. Her profession and position in the Court of Appeals; Achievements; How she became a runner; Running regimen.
- Kaye forms task force on divorce process in New York. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/3/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 45, p1
Reports the creation of the Matrimonial Commission by Honorable Judith Kaye, New York's chief judge. Purpose of the commission; Issues that will be considered by the group; Members of the commission.