THE COURT OF APPEALS'S DECISION IN GODFREY V. SPANO: A TROUBLING EXERCISE OF INDECISION
- National News. // Bay Windows;5/20/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p5
Presents news briefs on gay-marriage-related issues in the U.S. as of May 2004. Condition of same-sex marriage in New York; Lawsuit filed against gay couple Robert Seneca and Stephen Stahl by Leonard G. Brown III, sponsor of the Defense of Marriage Act in Doylestown, Pennsylvania; Referendum in...
- Marriage revisionism. Carpenter, Dale // Bay Area Reporter;3/5/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
In this article the author discusses the Proposition 8 which abolishes the same-sex marriage in California.
- Canada Legalizes Same-Gender Marriage. Powell, Jessie Bishop // LGBT History, 1993-2004;2005, p26
Canada became just the third country, after Belgium and the Netherlands, to legalize same-gender marriage.
- A gay day in Spain. // Echo Magazine;7/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p26
Reports on the legalization of same-sex marriage in Spain. Political party which vehemently opposed the passage of the bill to legalize same-sex marriage; Remarks from Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luiz Rodriguez Zapatero on the passage of the same-sex marriage bill; Opposition of the Roman...
- A TIMELINE OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGE. SALERNO, ROB // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);6/6/2013, Issue 256, p16
A timeline is presented of same-sex marriage around the world including Denmark which became the first country to recognize same-sex unions, British Columbia expands the definition of spouse to include the people in same-sex marriages, and Spain, the third country to legalize same-sex marriage.
- Uganda bans same-sex marriage. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/13/2005, Issue 929, p36
Reports on the banning of same-sex marriage in Uganda. Penalties given to those who enters same-sex marriage in the state.
- ONTARIANS PLAN MARRIAGE CASE. // Bay Windows;5/25/2000, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan by a dozen gays and lesbians in Ontario to file a lawsuit in the state to demand the right to marry. Refusal by officials at the City Hall to provide a reason for their refusal to grant marriage licenses to gay couples in the state.
- Church leaders protest judge's ruling that marriage licenses be given to same-sex couples. Tsehai, Tiberah // New York Amsterdam News;2/24/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that numerous church and community leaders gathered on the steps of New York City Hall, announcing that they opposed the ruling made by New York State Supreme Court Judge Doris Ling-Cohan that marriage licenses be given to same-sex couples. Michael Faulkner, pastor of Central...
- Norway. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Dec2004, p240
Reports that the Norwegian Parliament voted on November 18, 2004, to reject a bill that would have allowed same-sex couples to marry and jointly adopt children. Earlier passage of a civil union scheme that makes available to same-sex couples almost all the rights of marriage except the right to...