Should I look for a specialist HR role?
- Successful Recruitment. Silverthorne, Louise // Medical Device Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p57
Offers tips on conducting and evaluating an interview. Common competencies and possible questions; Formulation of questions that investigate each parameter; Addition of scores to the competency component of the interview; Writing of a short description of the candidate's personality; Evaluation...
- Workplace is no place for friends. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Examines the effects of employing friends on the objective management of a certain companies in Great Britain.
- Figures point to signs of recovery in jobs market. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p4
Reports the decrease of the employment market in Great Britain. Reinforcement of positive signals for employment growth; Flexibility of the staffs; Value of organizations.
- Case roundup. Eversheds // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p15
Reports legal developments related to personnel management in Great Britain as of November 2002. Dismissal of Diane Greener for drunkenness on duty; Legal claims for unfair dismissals; Inference of discrimination in the workplace.
- Considering PEOs. Kronemyer, Bob // Indiana Business Magazine;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the use of professional employer organizations (PEO) for human resource administration in Indiana. Benefits of considering PEO; Importance of the payroll and employment tax aspect of human resources; Realization on the absence of core competency in human resources.
- Getting to the core. Payne, Paul P.; Baigts, Gerardo Salinas // Business Mexico;Apr1994, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p46
Reports on hiring trends in Mexican temporary employment agencies. Trend prompted by changes in company personnel structure; Types of service contracts; Recruitment schemes; International operations.
- Getting a New Lease On Employees. Potter, Howard E. // Management Review;Apr89, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p28
Examines key issues and developments relevant to employee leasing. Factors influencing employee leasing; Advantages and disadvantages of employee leasing; Development of the employee leasing industry; Practices and applications in employee leasing; Strategies for employee leasing; Implications...
- What a company should expect from a staffing agency. Livathinos, Harriet // Westchester County Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p17
Discusses what companies should expect from staffing agencies. Advantages of short-term staffing services; Tips on the selection and evaluation of staffing firms.
- ORGANIZATIONAL TENSION AND OCCUPATIONAL SCRIPTS: STORIES FROM HR PROFESSIONALS AND TOP EXECUTIVES. Hansen, Carol D.; Kahnweiler, William M. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p25
Compares the attributional biases and cultural beliefs of top executives and human resources professionals in 'Fortune 500' companies. Analysis of story components of informant-generated tales of work place experiences; Differences in values, priorities and desired roles.
- The recruitment interview process Persuasion and organization reputation promotion in competitive labor markets. Ferris, Gerald R.; Berkson, Howard M.; Harris, Michael M. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p359
Determines the recruitment interview process in labor markets. Purpose of employment interviews; Factors affecting human resource management practices; Implementation of structured interview.